PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily thread Saturday 16th May

Options

Comments

• hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Hester and everyone else!
    ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) to Elona hope it all goes okay.

Going to lunch with my cousin soon, put off from another day.:T
    OH is in Dorset overseeing the build going on in his mum's old cottage. (He's redesigning it, so he can live there)

Sun keeps coming out and going in!:rotfl:

My Dad is still with us, but he has three pressure sores now, and is in pain. They can't give him any more morphine:(
    He's only eating teaspoonfuls and drinking in sips. I just wish his suffering was over, (which sounds dreadful) but I feel so helpless, and hate seeing him like this.:A

Anyway, whatever you are all doing, hope it goes well.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just popping on to send love and best wishes to Elona. hope that today goes well.
    LW I know that you are not the hugging sort so I send you slobbery licks from my best friend's dog Ruby.
    HH Hope that today relaxes you.

Feeling really tired with work at the moment and had some really bad news yesterday that a good friend has passed away.

Hope to be back soon in a sunnier mood.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, it's such a lovely day here and the warmest I've been for weeks, in fact I've had to peel a layer!!!

ELONA I've been thinking of you all day and hoping you are OK and that all goes well with no hitches. I hope you have the weather we have, it's so lovely and memories are always nicer if the sun shines on you. bless you all!.

TRU we walk Docky on a harness and have done since he injured his neck and partly popped a disc. He weighs in at just under 18 kilos which isn't a lot of dog really but like Scampi what there is is pure muscle and when he decides he's off somewhere, you have no choice but to follow! Glad you've got an option of some advice from the veterinary nurse and nice of the vet to tell you and offer her to help. Hope you can reach a compromise with Scampi very soon!

Have yourselves a nice day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Thinking of Elona and family today.

Nice day here today, windy and cool, but no rain.

We had lunch/dinner of sirloin steak, carrots, peas and potatoes around 1.....OH got steak on offer and wanted to get dinner over so that he could watch tv all afternoon....currently its Munster v Dragons rugby, probably a whole afternoon of rugby which I find more entertaining than soccer, but need to do things in kitchen so will need to move soon.

Hilstep, so sorry to hear that your father is so ill, difficult to watch I remember.

Have a good afternoon

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Elona I hope today has gone as well as possible for you. x

TA we had problems with Curr*s too, when we had the kitchen done last September. The fitter chappie ordered the cooker we'd selected, and asked for it to be delivered to our home, so that he could connect it - easy, you'd think. No, they managed to deliver it to HIS house; luckily his wife was in at the time - so he had to take his van, go home, pick up the cooker, and bring it back to ours to fit. He wasn't pleased! Says it's not the first time he's had issues with them, either.

Tru check chains do need to be put on the dog correctly - it's amazing the amount of people who do it wrong. I love reading about Scampi's progress. Sorry to hear he's set your back off though. I do sympathise - you'd be amazed how strong two Cocker Spaniels together are, they nearly pulled me off the mobility buggy!:eek:

Thank you all for your supportive messages - I've sorted the money side for now; it'll come out of my DLA, which is due on Tuesday. It was just a horrid shock, out of the blue; and I'm afraid Mr LW doesn't truly appreciate just how badly my nerves have been affected by the whole wretched business, so calling me to let me know he's got to work safely and then just as a sort of aside, saying, "Oh by the way there's this amount on my credit card" as if it was "I've bought a packet of peppermints" I could have throttled him!

Been painting a bit more of the kitchen today; it's really hard to get to the bit of wall above the sink and the cupboards - how I wish I was a few inches taller!:cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    Elona you and your family are in my thoughts today, (((hugs))).

LW glad that you are in a better frame of mind today, xxx

Feeling a little calmer today and am getting the hang of injecting myself twice a day, the fingertip tests are more painful tbqh.
    I think it is the fact that everything has moved so quickly in a couple of days that put me into shock. Plus the fact that I didn't want to go onto insulin because of weight gain, especially after losing three stone, yet still being badgered about my weight :( I am also still taking metformin and gliclazide in tablets as well.
    I have been told to get a medical alert necklace or bracelet, more money , I could do without spending until then the hospital has given me a card to carry.

Hopefully, I will start to feel more like my old self soon.

Hospital again on Tuesday so we will see how things go.

Dinner tonight is something simple probably a quiche with new potatoes and salad.

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Elona thinking of you today.

Hilstep hugs-I remember how watching a sick parent feels.

LW you sound a bit better today. That's good.

Hi MM!

Bright and breezy here today and two loads of washing drying well.

Went to Argoose and bought a swing and first slide for when grandson Jack comes to England for a month or so in July. The slide was in the sale and the swing was just what we had been looking for. The swing was paid for out of the penny savings pot. I'll take the bargainous slide out of the housekeeping so a few frugal meals coming up. We can always sell them on later.

We already have the cot, highchair, fireguard, electric socket guards and car seat from his Christmas visit.

Just the blackout curtains, two stairgates, and some indoor toys suitable for a 14/15 month old to get. There is a tabletop children's sale on locally in June or I could look on the bay of e local stuff for sale.

Have a good evening everyone.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most people have gone from the house now and it was lovely to see the house stuffed with people who loved him and children in the back garden.

The service was lovely and encaptured the real him. Jazz songs at the crematorium had us in tears.

Came upstairs and got into pjs and had a quiet cry.

Hilstep

I hope your dad can be made more comfortable and I do have an inkling how you feel. DDs got a special cushion pad from America for DH to sit on and I got a memory foam mattress topper to try to make him more comfortable - that helped a lot.

We have enough buffet food to feed us tonight and maybe longer
    and might offer a lunch out tomorrow as it feels wrong to do a proper Sunday dinner without DH.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ELONA love, well done! xxx.
  • KnittaPlease
    KnittaPlease Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    This was one of those days that sounds better on paper than in reality.

My 4yo niece is visiting for the weekend so took her swimming at the local outdoor pool (For some reason, the session was half price today). I asked last night if my mother wanted to meet us afterwards for lunch but she declined as her knee is hurting at the mo (awaiting knee replacement surgery) and didn't think she could walk to town (8 minute walk).

Therefore took niece for fish and chip lunch after swimming (local pub offers £5 for decent portions and a drink), then brought mum a frappe home as a treat and she still got really p*d off because I hadn't asked her to go to the pub! She's incredibly passive aggressive, and even when I know I'm not necessarily at fault, she has a talent for making me feel like scum.

Sorry for venting, but she's recently fallen out with my sister, and my sister won't back me up with her anymore so I am without any allies to blurt to. :(

Hope everyone else's Saturday is going well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure