Roof related odd-jobs

Have just moved into my Victorian terraced house. There were a couple of jobs the survey picked up which we want to get done.
Called a local roofer who had good reviews on mybuilder and he came out to look at work. I was given the feeling that the jobs weren't as big as we'd expected them to be, and that a couple of the things I was worried about (loose tiles, mortar etc) weren't actually an issue. So list of jobs to do was shorter than I had been expecting. Impressed with the roof company's honesty about that - they could have tried to fleece me as I don't know much about roofs!

Anyway, jobs to do are:
Fix gutter leak where our gutter joins next door.
Replace the louvered vent on the bathroom extractor with a hooded one so it doesn't rattle in the wind.
Close in the chimney breast above electric fire with plaster board (it was done with insulation board by previous owner and is a bit of a mess).
Cap off two chimneys with cowels.

Total quote £820.
I asked for a breakdown and was told about £200-250 for materials, rest for labour (3 men) and removal of rubbish. I was told by a landlord friend that roofing is expensive, but is that excessive? (For context, I'm in the midlands.)
SPC9 #499
Extra payment every week

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum