Adjustable beds

Hi

Please can anyone recommend a company that make adjustable beds? I have looked at Amberley and others but am not sure about the mattresses as they seem to be foam or latex and I wonder if they will lose shape and also make the sleeper too hot.

The person needing this weighs 18 stone, if it helps, and suffers with bad osteoarthritis, a slipped disc and a synovial cyst causing nerve compression. It stops them from sleeping and makes it difficult and painful to get out of bed so I thought that this might help him to sleep more comfortably.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,809
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Could be worth asking for help from an Occupational Therapist?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Hi

Please can anyone recommend a company that make adjustable beds? I have looked at Amberley and others but am not sure about the mattresses as they seem to be foam or latex and I wonder if they will lose shape and also make the sleeper too hot.

The person needing this weighs 18 stone, if it helps, and suffers with bad osteoarthritis, a slipped disc and a synovial cyst causing nerve compression. It stops them from sleeping and makes it difficult and painful to get out of bed so I thought that this might help him to sleep more comfortably.

Any advice appreciated

I have an adjustable bed but in the circumstances I would not advise. It's something for a medical team to advise on.

When I had an extended stay in hospital I had a mattress which was meant to combat bed sores. The problem I had with it was that it moved about all by itself and I hardly got any sleep because of it. So that's something that might be considered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure