Adjustable beds

in Over 50s MoneySaving
2 replies 2.6K views
SHEILA54SHEILA54 Forumite
1.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi

Please can anyone recommend a company that make adjustable beds? I have looked at Amberley and others but am not sure about the mattresses as they seem to be foam or latex and I wonder if they will lose shape and also make the sleeper too hot.

The person needing this weighs 18 stone, if it helps, and suffers with bad osteoarthritis, a slipped disc and a synovial cyst causing nerve compression. It stops them from sleeping and makes it difficult and painful to get out of bed so I thought that this might help him to sleep more comfortably.

Any advice appreciated

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    45.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Could be worth asking for help from an Occupational Therapist?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • AnthornAnthorn Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Forumite
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Hi

Please can anyone recommend a company that make adjustable beds? I have looked at Amberley and others but am not sure about the mattresses as they seem to be foam or latex and I wonder if they will lose shape and also make the sleeper too hot.

The person needing this weighs 18 stone, if it helps, and suffers with bad osteoarthritis, a slipped disc and a synovial cyst causing nerve compression. It stops them from sleeping and makes it difficult and painful to get out of bed so I thought that this might help him to sleep more comfortably.

Any advice appreciated

I have an adjustable bed but in the circumstances I would not advise. It's something for a medical team to advise on.

When I had an extended stay in hospital I had a mattress which was meant to combat bed sores. The problem I had with it was that it moved about all by itself and I hardly got any sleep because of it. So that's something that might be considered.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools