Sky Tv Complaints?

Options
Hi,

I was wondering peoples thoughts on what I experienced today with Sky Live Chat regarding moving over from Virgin Media. I will copy and paste the chat thread below and will people please advise on whether I have grounds to make a complaint.

info: Please wait for a Sky Advisor to respond. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training, legal and compliance purposes.
info: You are now connected with Puneet
info: ** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
Puneet: Thank you for contacting Sky "Home of amazing entertainment!". I am Puneet. Can I take your name please?
Nick Roberts: Hi I am currently with virgin media and I am thinking of joining sky
Nick Roberts: Nick Roberts
Puneet: Is that okay if I address you by your first name?
Nick Roberts: yes
Puneet: Hi Nick:) You are at the right place.
Puneet: I am glad to know that you are interested in Sky. Before I tell you more about them, I will ask a few questions to understand your household usage and activities etc. It is to make sure that you will get the best value for your money with SKY. Is it okay?
Nick Roberts: ok
Puneet: What Sky services you wish to order?(TV, broadband or talk)
Nick Roberts: tv and broadband
Puneet: With Sky broadband, you need to take Sky line rental and Sky talk.
Puneet: We will discuss plan for each services one by one.
Puneet: Let's start with TV.
Puneet: What do you or your family members likes to watch?
Nick Roberts: sky sports and entertainment, not movies as we have netflix
Puneet: Then you Variety TV pack which contain all of your entertainment channels and with that you can add Sky sports additionally.
Puneet: You'll get 80 subscription channels & 240 Freeview channels with the Variety Pack
Puneet: Sky Sports Pack includes all 7 dedicated Sports channels, including Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Sky Sports News and Sky Sports F1®.
Puneet: And I will tell you the price of complete bundle, once we discuss all 3 services. Is that okay?
Nick Roberts: ok, can you give me a total monthly cost please. Broadband wise I am happy with the basic unlimited package
Puneet: Ofcouse:) Just to confirm, have you checked the broadband availability? And read the important broadband speed information presented with your address check results?
Nick Roberts: yes
Puneet: Great:) For home phone, how often do you make calls? (weekend, anytime OR international)
Nick Roberts: never, we have a line but dont have a phone plugged in. We just use ur mobiles
Nick Roberts: our*
Puneet: Then for talk, you can go for Sky weekend, its free with line rental.
Puneet:
Sky Talk Weekend gives you free weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday 12am to 12am) calls to UK landline numbers (UK call are to 01,02,03 & 0870 numbers only - excludes calls to Channel Islands, indirect access numbers, dial-up Internet access, 0845 and 070 numbers).
The rate for daytime and evening calls to UK landline numbers for 01, 02, 03 & 0870 numbers is 9.5p per minute plus a 15.9p as connection fee. 24/7 Calls to Sky contact centers are free at any time.
Inclusive calls are free on Sat-Sun, all day for the first 59 minutes before any call charges will apply or you can hang up and redial.
Nick Roberts: ok
Puneet: Variety TV pack is £28 + Sky sports is £24.50/mo + Unlimited broadband is £7.50/mo + Sky line rental is £16.40/mo.
Puneet: That makes it £76.40/mo but currently, we have offer going for 50% off on TV for Virgin media customers + 50% off on broadband.
Puneet: That makes it £46.40/mo for 12 months with 12 months contract.
Puneet: In addition to that, You will get a new latest Sky HUB for free which actually costs £69. And 12 month trial of MacAfee Internet Security Suite worth £36 absolutely FREE.
Puneet: And also you will get our latest Sky+HD box worth £199 absolutely free along with only £10 for Sky TV for installation that you need to pay now.
Puneet: Does that sound something you'd be interested in ordering?
Nick Roberts: I would have to consider this as i'm waiting for a call back from Virgin Media retentions. I have started my 30 day notice period so I have 30 days to decide
Puneet: Nick, I don't mind to take your time but this offer is for now and I have seen customers leave a offer once they come back offer was gone. If you really want to take advantage of this offer then this is the right time.
Puneet: You can call your current provider now, I can stay right here for you.
Nick Roberts: When does the 50% offer expire? What you have listed is the same as on Skys website
Puneet: Yes, that's the offer I am talking out.
Nick Roberts: When does this expire?
Puneet: This offer is for now only.
Nick Roberts: That does not answer my question. This offer must have an expiry date. Next week? Month?
Puneet: Its 1st May 2015.
Nick Roberts: So it expires today?
Nick Roberts: ?
Puneet: Yes, its expires today by 6.30pm.
Nick Roberts: Ok I need to wait for my call back from virgin. if the offer is gone then no problem
Puneet: Really? You are leaving such a great offer, just like that.
Puneet: You can them now.
Puneet: You can call them now.
Nick Roberts: If however I find out that the offer is there tomorrow I will be making a complaint as you have basically told me I have 6 minutes to accept or the deal expires. If the deal is still there tomorrow then that is horrendous pressure selling and I will be contacting sky
Nick Roberts: have a good day
Puneet: horrendous pressure selling?
Nick Roberts: the deal expires today
Nick Roberts: 6.30pm
Nick Roberts: your exact words
Puneet: I am helping to get the best deals, so that you won't loose the offer.
Nick Roberts: I understand that but by telling me it expires in a matter of minutes I am not given any time to consider my options
Puneet: Go on consider it, as you long as you are with me, I will make sure you won't loose the offer.
Puneet: You said, you waiting from a call back with your current provider, you can call them, I can stay right here for you.
Puneet: You are one who is denying this offer.
Nick Roberts: No thank you. As I have stated I was just checking whats available and I am waiting for a call back from virgin retentions. i was just checking prices
Nick Roberts: And if that offer is still there tomorrow be assured I will be making a complaint as you have basically lied to a potential new customer
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to nickroberts123@hotmail.com at the end of your chat.
Puneet: Okay.
Puneet: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
Nick Roberts: No thanks
Puneet: Thank you for chatting. Have a great day.

Having spoken to someone else they have confirmed the offer is ongoing.

Comments

• Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oh yes sky are both extremely unhelpful and pushy and at other times times,extremely accommodating.I have found that out in the last week,Had a bad experience on the phone with 2 useless operatives,and then one extremely helpful and one partly ok.So opinions are mixed.

I have been with them almost 20 years and my Mum 5 years.Only one out of 4 has been extremely helpful and gone the extra mile to give really good customer service.Begs the question,why can't they all be like that.
  • eve01
    eve01 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Sky are extremely unhelpful to say the least. I have had differing issues with phone, broadband and ppv for 9 months. They also blocked my access to my D and G warranty and shared account info with them. I finally reached the end of my tolerance and asked to leave. They then offered me a good will gesture of two £50 reductions to my bills. However this months payment arrived and after 25 mins on the phone was told that they've reversed the good will gesture credit and want it paid back. Will suspend my services if I don't. If you have the choice, do not choose Sky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure