ISA v Pensioner Bonds
I've about £25000 in an easy access ISA currently paying 1.5%. I've been wondering about whether to put £20k of the ISA into the 1 and 3 yr pensioner bonds before the deadline on may 15th. Now i've just read about the personal interest allowance of £1000 announced in the budget and if I've understood it correctly this will mean the interest off the pensioner bonds that I''d get next April won't be taxed so in real terms they'll be like a 2.8% 1 yr ISA and a 4% 3 yr ISA. Seems a no-brainer to go for the pensioner bonds but I just wondered if I'm missing something?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards