Tax on a child saving account

I have just received a letter from the Bank stating that they have made an error when registering my childs account and 10% tax has been applied to his account for the last three years. They have told me I need to complete a 4 page R40 for a tax deduction.

Like most banks, I can't email them so I will have to pay to ring them or print off and post the R40 form. It is only a small amount due, so either way I am going to have an outlay to get a refund. I wonder how many people they have done this to?


This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 243.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards