Trading shares for small regular investment

Options
can anyone recommend the best way to invest £50-100 a month to buy and sell shares. I am guessing the best way would be to save 4 months at a time and then buy one block and pay the trading fee. Is there anyway to buy smaller blocks of shares for lower fees?

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sharpiejas wrote: »
    can anyone recommend the best way to invest £50-100 a month to buy and sell shares. I am guessing the best way would be to save 4 months at a time and then buy one block and pay the trading fee. Is there anyway to buy smaller blocks of shares for lower fees?

You say 'invest', then go on to say 'buy and sell', which is not investing, but trading.

Which do you mean?
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    You will find many brokers offer 'regular investing' schemes. For example TD Direct and AJ Bell Youinvest let you buy FTSE 350 shares and some ITs or ETFs for £1.50 a time on a monthly program, purchasing once a month on their fixed date. Effectively pooling together your orders with other peoples on popular shares.

So if you put £100 in each month on that sort of scheme, your cost to buy is only 1.5% (plus 0.5% stamp duty on UK shares).
  • Sharpiejas
    Sharpiejas Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have opened an account with II investment, this will give me a way to start by buying small regular amounts each month.

Badger - I would hope to build up a portfolio over a year or two and trade shares once I have a big enough stash, sorry I should of been more clear.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    You have read the posts on here about III, I presume?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure