Memory sticks

Best makes please? And where to get the best deals?
Thank you :)

Comments

• woody2234
    woody2234 Posts: 414 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Kingston or Sandisk are the best and Amazon and Ebay have the best deals
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2015 at 9:33PM
    They're much of a muchness, and buy from a reputable vendor (not eBay, Amazon Marketplace). 64GB is only tens of pounds, not point nickel and dining when it's that cheap.

I suggest against online sales from unknown vendors as there's lot of fake memory out there which looks bigger than it is, and loses your data by overwriting!
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    You're fairly safe with both Amazon and eBay these days so long as you test your purchase fully when you get it.

I bought an impossibly cheap micro SD card on eBay which proved to be fake. When I raised a dispute I got an immediate full refund. I bought a Sandisk from a different seller for a bargain basement price which tested out just fine.
  • abibee
    abibee Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'd go with Amazon, they're the most consistent with offers.

Makes... Sandisk are supposed to be good, though I had one fail not long ago. Currently using Kingston, and all is good.
  • painted
    painted Posts: 178 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for the replies :)
  • onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Try these, I've used them quite a lot and find them excellent.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I keep getting emails from ebuyer, last one was for a 64Gb Lexar USB stick with 2-year warranty for £12.99. Guessing OP means these, and not the Sony Memory Stick thing?
  • Reggie_Rebel
    Reggie_Rebel Posts: 5,036 Forumite
    Get an external HDD, lots more storage, not much more cash and you are less likely to lose it
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Get an external HDD, lots more storage, not much more cash and you are less likely to lose it

But a memory stick tends to be more rugged and better if you're carrying data from one location to another.

Different formats for different intended uses :)
    USB HDD for large amounts of data, or extra storage at home, USB memory for something that's going to be carried around a lot (say from school to home daily).

Personally for USB memory sticks I tend to use Sandisk or Kingston (metal cased versions) bought from Amazon/my memory for portable storage.
    I've had some cheaper ones that had very thin plastic casings, especially around the plug which have worn quite quickly and require a little wiggle to get them to work.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I bought a new USB Memory Stick the other day from PC World. 32GB for £14.98. Possibly the smallest USB stick (well it's not actually a stick) in the World.

For me, it would be too small to carry around, but it sits really nicely in the car hifi.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/data-storage/portable-usb-memory-sticks/portable-usb-memory-sticks/sandisk-32-gb-ultra-fit-usb-3-0-memory-stick-silver-10028883-pdt.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure