Advice on the best place to put £100,000

I am in a fortunate position where I have £100,000 that I would like to either invest, or for the short term put into the highest possible returning savings accounts. What advice would anyone be able to give me please. I am at this stage not thinking about property investment.
Any input much appreciated.

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Forumite Posts: 17,597
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have £100,000 that I would like to either invest, or for the short term put into the highest possible returning savings accounts.

Investing is about 5-7 years minimum. Saving is for anything less than that. What is it you are looking for? When do you need how much of the money? Do you have a single purpose for the money or could you split it for multiple purposes?

What is your tax rate? What debts do you have (incl mortgage)? What pension provisions do you have? What are your liabilities to dependents? How old are you? Etc etc etc
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Forumite Posts: 12,709
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Either split it up so that you have less than £85k with any one institution, or put the lot into the most suitable account at ns&i.

Or: if you have the patience for it, use a heap of high-interest current accounts for as much as possible. If you pay income tax at the higher rate you could even consider premium bonds for up to £40k.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • greenface
    greenface Forumite Posts: 4,871
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    whats your plans for the cash in 10 years ?
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport