Barclay's Blue Account - Staff don't really have a clue !

Options
I have Barclays Bank Account, the one with the Cheque Book etc., but I have heard some things about the Blue account so today I went into a branch to find out, we have 3 in our town...............

1st Branch did not have clue what I was on about, but asked if I would like to open another account ?.

2nd Branch more clued up told me that I would need to open a new account was it was not simply an add-on !, asked if I would like to make an appointment.

3rd Branch advisor took me into a room explained the ins and outs of the account, told me it could be added to my existing account, but I would need to have monthly credits going into the account for at least £1000, and the £1000 would have to stay there for 24 hours and not simply in and out again !, also told I have 2 Direct Debits, which is find I have plenty or so I thought !, she went through my Direct Debit list and told me the Barclaycard one for me is fine, but not my wife’s Barclaycard as each one needs to be unique and not to the same organisation, told the 3 Direct Debit was no use as its for a mobile phone, but my EDF Direct debit is fine, also told that Direct Debits to other banks or Building societies are not permitted, she mentioned Tesco by Name !, she also said the Direct Debits had to be for a minimum of £10 each and be monthly.

I have to say that rather and convince me to take it she was putting me off it !, but the icing on the cake came when asked her if I would have to come back in and see her to have it added on and she said no as she is leaving the bank at the end of the month to work for another bank !, and that I would need to see someone else !.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why did you go to branches in the first place?
    Information is available online and you can add it to your account online too.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ryan101 wrote: »
    I have Barclays Bank Account, the one with the Cheque Book etc., but I have heard some things about the Blue account so today I went into a branch to find out, we have 3 in our town...............

1st Branch did not have clue what I was on about, but asked if I would like to open another account ?.

2nd Branch more clued up told me that I would need to open a new account was it was not simply an add-on !, asked if I would like to make an appointment.

[STRIKE]3rd Branch advisor took me into a room explained the ins and outs of the account, told me it could be added to my existing account, but I would need to have monthly credits going into the account for at least £1000, and the £1000 would have to stay there for 24 hours and not simply in and out again !, also told I have 2 Direct Debits, which is find I have plenty or so I thought !, she went through my Direct Debit list and told me the Barclaycard one for me is fine, but not my wife’s Barclaycard as each one needs to be unique and not to the same organisation, told the 3 Direct Debit was no use as its for a mobile phone, but my EDF Direct debit is fine, also told that Direct Debits to other banks or Building societies are not permitted, she mentioned Tesco by Name !, she also said the Direct Debits had to be for a minimum of £10 each and be monthly.[/STRIKE]

3rd Branch did not have a clue.

she is leaving the bank at the end of the month to work for another bank !

Says it all really.

None of that is in the terms and conditions.
  • spingoblin
    spingoblin Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have to say that rather and convince me to take it she was putting me off it !, but the icing on the cake came when asked her if I would have to come back in and see her to have it added on and she said no as she is leaving the bank at the end of the month to work for another bank !, and that I would need to see someone else !.

She's probably off to the Halifax to put people off signing up for the Reward account.
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Options
    This blue rewards scheme is for online and mobile app users. Why did you go into a branch?
  • Ryan101
    Ryan101 Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    anoncol wrote: »
    This blue rewards scheme is for online and mobile app users. Why did you go into a branch?

Somethings I like to do face to face to make sure I have all the facts and don't muck it up, so I thought the branch would be more knowledgeable and answer any questions I had, it seems however I was wrong.
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been cut off on the phone trying to ask them about the tax info!:mad:
  • Dizzee_Rebel
    Options
    Somethings I like to do face to face to make sure I have all the facts and don't muck it up, so I thought the branch would be more knowledgeable and answer any questions I had, it seems however I was wrong.

I've had the same experience, been to 3 local branches, each contradict what the last branch said. The hopeless staff go into shock & panic as soon as you mention Blue, its pathetic.

Asked if the reward was gross or net... faced with that now familiar gormless expression I've become accustomed to... "uhh I don't know really, I don't think it should be though, I'm not sure to be honest". Tidy!

All this hassle for £4 a month, less if taxed & paid a month in arrears.

I give up with this one now... I'm out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport