Suggestions for (Romantic) dinner

charlotte_rose
charlotte_rose Posts: 244 Forumite
and Sunday...

Any ideas of a nice place, not too expensive under £40 per head for 2 courses (ex drinks) in zone 1 Central London ?

Hubby and I would like somewhere with elegant decor rather than your standard interior for a romantic early dinner this weekend. If is has a view even better.

We have tried the resturants at the top of the walkie talkie, shard, heron, oxo etc and all booked for our times :(

Also suggestions for things to do on Sunday (not theatre got that booked for Saturday) particularly music wise very helpful

Comments

• benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Any ideas of a nice place, not too expensive under £40 per head for 2 courses (ex drinks) in zone 1 Central London ?

I really like Bocca di Lupo and Opera Tavern. I think they should just about fit into your budget. Lima London is good if you want something a bit more unusual. Not sure how romantic you want it to be though... there's always Clos Maggiore if you want to pull out all the stops!
    Also suggestions for things to do on Sunday (not theatre got that booked for Saturday) particularly music wise very helpful

Most things (museums etc) will be open in central London. Not sure what kind of music you mean, but you might consider the Choral Evensong at St Paul's Cathedral (3:15pm). Even if you're not religious the music is beautiful.
    We have tried the resturants at the top of the walkie talkie, shard, heron, oxo etc and all booked for our times :(

That's a shame - everyone loves being taken up the oxo tower.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • Romantic in the sense of not too noisy, nice atmos and low lighting. Not full board valentine's.

love custard too :)
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    benjus wrote: »
    everyone loves being taken up the oxo tower.

Whats that a euphemism for? :eek:

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/romantic-restaurants-in-london has a few reasonable suggestions.

If you are talking about this weekend, ie the bankholiday weekend, then you'll have to take what you can get even if you do very early sitting as anywhere half decent tends to get booked up weeks, if not months, in advance.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    http://www.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/cafe-in-the-crypt/ sunday roast in superb and unusual surroundings
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport