I could cry.

Experian removed two defaults from my account in the past 4 years. I've just looked on Equifax and they are still there.

I am applying for a mortgage next week for my new home. What can I do?

I thought they'd just not be on Equifax if they had been removed from Experian.

Will Equifax do anything, or am I going to have to go through the whole process again :(

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Why were they removed from Experian? What process?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • *Kat*
    *Kat* Posts: 1,827
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Both were identity errors.

From what I remember the first one was removed when Experian tried to contact the company and they had no response.

The 2nd was a contract taken out in my name after I moved out of the property so Experian removed it
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    OK, so if it had been on Experian wrongly then was likely to be the same on Equifax.

If Experian removed them their end, rather than the companies doing it, then that is not going to do anything to wrong entries on your Equifax report.

You will need to dispute with Equifax and/or the companies reporting.

You should probably check your callcredit/noddle report as well to see what is on there.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You'll need to contact Experian. They are a separate company from Experian.

In the meantime, you may want to explain to your broker about the issue in case he is able to place your mortgage with a lender who only searches Experian.
  • *Kat*
    *Kat* Posts: 1,827
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm applying for a mortgage with Halifax, but it looks like they check with Equifax :(

Seems there's a few that don't check Equifax though, like Santander? Oh God, I'm so sad and scared right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure