New laptop advise

lindabea
lindabea Posts: 1,477 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I need to buy a new laptop and noticed that some have 2 separate buttons on the touch pad and (similar to my current laptop) and others have a plain touch pad. Can someone please explain the difference and should I go for one without the left/right buttons. I presume this is a new design
Before doing something... do nothing

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    lindabea wrote: »
    I need to buy a new laptop and noticed that some have 2 separate buttons on the touch pad and (similar to my current laptop) and others have a plain touch pad. Can someone please explain the difference and should I go for one without the left/right buttons. I presume this is a new design

Hello,

My friend has an Acer laptop with the 'plain' touchpad you mention.

The 'left' and 'right' click buttons are in the bottom corners (respectively) for when you need to perform a task (such as left clicking to open a link in your web browser for example.)

I think it's more for an atheistic design and purely down to whichever you prefer.

Personally I prefer to see the left and right click buttons underneath the trackpad.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    I've got laptops with both types of touchpad.

Personally, I prefer the physical buttons (such as on my Lenovo Z50-70) but you get used to the other style of touchpad easily enough, although on some laptops I've heard complaints about the way it handles selecting text.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Get a small mouse.... Sorted.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    My Macbook has a plan tracker pad. My old HP laptop had the two buttons. Either way it doesn't really matter, you can use the laptop equally well.

Don't use this criterion to choose your laptop, it really is not significant.
  • TheSaint_2
    TheSaint_2 Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Form over function is the real question. Do you want to sit and admire how it looks or actually use it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure