PPI claim help

Hi I am new to the forum and really need some help
In August 1990 I got my master card and have paid every month, then in August 2012 I received a review of my PPI for the master card , the PPI I didn't realise I had , I immediately cancelled the PPI and made a claim for miss selling of the PPI. My complaint was that I did not realise I had PPI, I had money in the bank to repay any debt, I was certain PPI was never discussed or explained to me, I never asked for PPI and I did not want PPI. My claim was turned down in 2012 the reasons given were that the sale of the PPI was on non -advice basis and that the details of the policy were confirmed in the certificate of insurance and that I therefore made a fully informed decision . After receiving this I stupidly did nothing.
This year after some time to think I realised I had not discussed my employment details in the original complaint, I was at the time and still am a registered nurse working fulltime for the NHS with full sickness benefits, I decided to discuss the PPI claim again, I phoned the ombudsman who suggested I re contact my bank and ask them to look at my claim again, I did this using my original claim reference and have once again been turned down .
I realise this claim is over 2 years old and the ombudsman has no legal duty to look at the case I will of course contact them and ask them to investigate but has anyone any advice that could be helpful.

Any and all help would be most gratefully received thanks

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You missed your chance on this I am afraid, you get 6 months from rejection to refer to the FOS - these are the FOS own rules and the bank can timebar the complaint based on that rule - it is a financial issue by the way not legal. You have no way around this and whatever the FOS front line staff say, they can only ask the bank to look at it.

By the way, if you paid your card off in full every month you would never have paid a penny of PPI as it's only charged when you carry a balance over to the next month - the time to complain would have been when you got your first statement that carried a balance and there was the PPI seeing as you said you never wanted it. Sorry to be blunt but you are relying on goodwill from the bank and they do not have to accept your complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure