Anyone got a Miele or Samsung Tall fridge?

Options
Fridge freezer packed up this morning :mad: Well, when I say packed up, read went topsy-turvey = my ice cream is liquid and my milk is solid.

It's Hotpoint and it's getting on for a 9 years old, so I imagine it will be impossible to get it fixed, so I'm browsing the web for a replacement. We don't really need a fridge-freezer anymore, a tall fridge would be far more handy.

The price of the Miele is eyewatering, but SIL has had hers for 20 years so over that period £900 isn't so bad. I really like the Samsung too though, and it's £150 cheaper.

Has anyone got one of these brands and are they definitely worth the extra spend (or has my SIL gotten VERY lucky???)

Comments

• suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Miele freezer (left in hosue when we moved in) and I'd guessed it to be 15+ years old. It still works perfectly. We also had a fridge left over too which also worked perfectly - If I had the cash to outlay I'd certainly go Miele. I do have their hoover which has a 10 year parts and labour warranty. I can't see many other companies offering that!
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    Miele. Every time.
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• CKdesigner
    CKdesigner Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Miele all the way - its a no brainer!
  • *~Zephyr~*
    *~Zephyr~* Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys. It's pretty hard to resist the Miele with all these positive endorsements!

Now to convince my OH that £982 is a reasonable amount to spend on a fridge.....
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One dose of food poisoning from the ruined food you have and £982 will seem a very good price to him ;0)
  • ryder72
    ryder72 Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Miele every time.

If the price difference is only £150 to Samsung its even more of a no brainer.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • morpheus1978
    Options
    We've had our Miele for just under a year and it's great!
  • elstimpo
    elstimpo Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a Samsung fridge for 4 years without a problem, had a Miele fridge too for 8 years and had a few problems with it, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Although the fridge light doesn't come on anymore when you open the door, which is annoying.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a 6 year old miele freezer and have ordered a miele fridge for my new kitchen. They are the best brand but yes expensive, however I am expecting them to last a long time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure