Anyone stoozing outside of the UK?

Has anyone tried stoozing outside of the UK?

My stooze book is roughly ticking over as much as the UK system affords and I'm thinking about what other opportunities may be available outside the UK. First thoughts are language barriers, residential status requirements, getting a credit history established, credit cards - where, if, and who will take them. Then there is how to pay them off whilst avoiding conversion charges etc..etc. Loads to consider and navigate.

Anyone else gone down this route or have any thoughts they'd care to share?

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Other countries have less use of credit than here, so I can imagine fewer promotional opportunities.

And I'm not sure how you build up a credit rating.

Then, to reduce or eliminate exposure to exchange rate fluctuation, you might use savings accounts in the same currency you are borrowing.

There again, it might be hard to find decent rates. The German word for to save is sparen, and interest rate is Zins. See what you can find, but over about 1.1% might be difficult.

So somewhere between too complicated and not worthwhile, I suspect, unless you are living and working abroad part of the time.
  • Thanks redux.

I agree it is going to be difficult but I'm up for a challenge (as long as it doesn't cost me too much ;-)

It's difficult to imagine only people in the UK are stoozing.

Thanks again.
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Maybe the exchange rate could help with the strength of the pound?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure