SFE + current parental illness, drastic reduction in finances

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
no.1swimmumno.1swimmum Forumite
1.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
DS2 is about to go off to Uni this September, we are in the process of completing the online SFE information, but I have a questions regarding my husbands income.
He has completed his earnings for tax year 2013 - 2014 but is currently earning considerably less than he was then due to him having a heart attack in January, is there anyway that this can be taken into account, our outgoings are considerably more than our incoming at the moment, so will not be able to support DS2 as much as we would normally. He will be living at home but will need to travel to central London,so willhave fares to pay, and on the information that we have given he will not get a grant just the loan. This has been the case with DS1 who is in his final term and we have had to support him due to his grant being cut, at the moment my parents are sending him supermarket vouchers as and when they can for food, but they are both in their 80's and only on pensions.
DS2 course requires him to have an Macbook and specific courserelated software, I have no idea where the money will come from for this at the moment, I feel that we supported his brother at this stage and want to support him but it is quite worrying ontop of the anxiety about DH and the procedures he is on the waiting list for.
Fibro-Warrior
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals