PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 27th April 2015

O/S Daily Monday 27th April 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

Elona – thinking of you are your family x

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, clear sky and sun shining, air feels chilly though, may have been a touch of frost. Load of washing ready in machine, will put it out on the line once it’s done.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. Will wake DS2 shortly, so he can ready for school.

Lunch yesterday was the roast lamb, very nice it was too, although the meat seemed to shrink a lot and there was so little left it wasn’t worth trying to keep it for another meal, so let the menfolk clear it up whilst it was freshly cooked. The menfolk didn’t want a dessert after lunch but then did have cheese and biscuits at dinner time.

DH and I went to the caravan I took the fresh bed linen and made our bed up so I haven’t got to do that when we arrive on site on Friday night. The menfolk also went into the loft and got the small awning down, we‘re going to put it up at the weekend, photograph it and get it on a website to sell it, it came with the caravan and we already have awnings so don’t need another. We think we are going to sell 1 of the others too.

Back to work for me today, I’m expecting it to be busy as reminders have gone out and it’s a Monday, looking forward to a day that whizzes past though.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :wave:

Elona - hope you managed to get some rest, thinking about you and your family xxx

It's looking to be another bright sunny day although rain is forecast for later on. Hubby has gone off to work ok and the girls are having their breakfast before rushing around for school. I'm having a quiet cup of tea while surfing the web and then I am going back to bed for a little while as I didn't sleep very well last night.

Our fridge freezer decided to die on Friday, it had been limping along for a while but finally gave up the ghost. I've ordered a new one but it won't be delivered until next friday. Luckily we had enough room in our little chest freezer to transfer the food we managed to salvage so there was little waste. This is the second big appliance to break down so this month will be a financial squeeze.

We had a roast pork dinner yesterday so there is a bit of pork leftover. I think I will make a quick sweet and sour sauce and have it with some rice for tea. We have plenty of cake left over too as the girls haven't been eating it and I've left it alone for a change :D so I won't have to do any baking for a while.

Well, that's all from me today, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Monday again! The sun is shining but there has been a sharp frost, hope my little plants are ok.

MM - Hope DIL recovers soon, must be awful to be stuck abroad and unwell.
    tru, hope this is a better week for you and Scampi!

Anyone with a wood/multi fuel stove? The installers failed to tell me that there is another air vent under the stove - the result being a sooted up glass door, I've tried wet newspaper and ash and a non-stick scourer but there is still a lot stuck there. Any ideas?

Need to hope that my car will make the next couple of days, I've not used it since Friday and need to hope it doesn't break down going to or from work.

Hope you are all well, special hugs to the poorlies and their DHs, have a good week and take care. XX
  • Morning one and all. Another glorious start here - more overnight frost but now blue sky and sun. A repeat of yesterday, though we had a bit of a chilly wind and I didn't get as much gardening done as hoped. I'm getting soft - warm (not too hot) suits me best these days.

We got a few indoor jobs done, including replacing the faulty grill in the oven. I sent off for the replacement online - £22.90 - so saved a lot of money on getting an electrician in to do it. They have an online tutorial which made the job easy. I also got round to colouring my hair and got rid of the grey roots again!

We are off over to the caravan for the day, to try and sort out the electrical fault. I don't understand, we go over to stay and all is well, then DD and co go and there is always a problem! I'm sure it's something she does! I'll take our lunch with us and we can do a bit of bird watching after we have sussed out the fuses (says she hopefully!!). We should have been staying all week this week (childfree week) but with my op being brought forward to this Wednesday that plan was scuppered.

When we get back it will be a dinner of leftovers I think. Some gammon left from yesterday, so will have that with some fried new potatoes, an egg and some salad I think.

I hope you are bearing up ELONA, thinking of you and your family. BB I hope the doctor gets you on the right anti/b and it clears your cough up. Non-stop hacking away is very tiring. ((((((((HUGS)))))))) to all in need.

Take care, have a good day if you can xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Morning all,

Weather seems good at the moment, although we have had a frost.

Need to pop into town this morning to go to the bank. Haven't been into town for ages because there are road works all over the place and difficult to get into car parks.

Just about to put WM on so will have the washing outside before we go out.

ELONA I hope you are managing to have some rest, and my thoughts are with you and all the family.

MEANMARIE I hope your DDIL is able to come home soon, it must be very frightening for her, especially as her family have now had to come home.

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Nice day here again, yesterday was good too although cold and I ended up putting the fire on in the lounge for an hour yesterday. DD and mum came for dinner, it was really nice to see them both, mum bought a huge choc pudd with ice cream and there is lots left over, so along with the chicken salad and mash left that's an easy dinner for tonight.

Work for me today which may be a bit of a struggle as I did not sleep well last night, never mind will sleep extra well tonight !

I cut my ficus tree down a bit yesterday, Ive had it years and its really big now, but its done into a bit of a sulk and dropped all its leaves, so ive given it a good cut back and feed and hope it comes back, the conservatory looks really bare without it.

Elona hope you have managed to get some rest, big hugs to you all xx

Have good weekends all xx
  • Good Morning evryone it's a nice sunny day here today but quite cold after a cool night. He Who Knows and the Dockling have just left for walkies and I'm going to tackle the house in a few minutes and steam mop all the floors.

It's Dockys birthday today, he's 11 or he will be at 8.27 this morning. When we got him as an 8 week old pup his breeders gave us a little 'birth certificate' as they'd recorded which pup was which when they were born, so sweet. He was fascinated by the BBC news item this morning about reintroducing the lynx to this country and kept going up and standing nose next to the screen when there were lynx shown moving about. So cute!

ELONA hope you're bearing up as a family love, trying times for you all.

Have yourselves a nice day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • :bdaycake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOCKY:beer:

Candlelightx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Very bright here with blue skies and what I am sure is a Nast cold wind.
    Anyone with a wood/multi fuel stove? The installers failed to tell me that there is another air vent under the stove - the result being a sooted up glass door, I've tried wet newspaper and ash and a non-stick scourer but there is still a lot stuck there. Any ideas?
    XX

Camelot - perhaps a Stanley blade if the other two things don't work? The bottom vent needs to be open to start with as well as the secondary air source at the top / side. Close the bottom one as soon as the logs are alight and then use the side one to regulate air. If you hit it just right with rolling flames the glass stays clean. Aim for as little as keeps the flames going. And don't clean out the ash every day as the fire burns better on a bed.

Apart from going for a walk I have got too much planned although I have got to review a piece of work for my previous previous employer so will probably do that at some point today.

Spent a while yesterday setting up a spreadsheet so I can keep track of monies. Just registered my accounts for tax-free interest so need to keep an eye on them. Don't seriously think I'll get close to the allowed amount but just need to make sure.

Off to make my porridge. Got egg and bacon 'muffins' for my salady evening meal.

Hope everyone has a good or better Monday.
  • Morning ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

Fine morning, rain forecast for the rest of the week, so laundry in. Monday clean to do. The agents are coming for an inspection after lunch, OH has an appointment for his INR, so I will nip to Morrisons for the bits I need, may not get to Aldi until the weekend, need to get the mirror/sun for the coupon.

Finished the second play mat yesterday, so two of them bound, waiting to go off the their new owners.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure