How to find local handymen?

Options
I'm sure this has been discussed to death and the best way is probably word of mouth. The one tradesman that we were very happy with and has done jobs for us before (and who had also agreed to do a big project for us this time) is delayed on a previous job. He can't recommend anyone either as all his trusted guys are busy as well. With guests coming to stay with us soon, we've decided to shelve the big project but still need the small jobs done urgently. Things like flat pack assembly, putting up a few wall shelves, blinds, etc.

What experience have people had with listing websites like mybuilder, etc? What about handymen companies like the Handy Squad, Aussie Handymen, etc? I'm in South East London if anyone has any local recommendations. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Look for cards in shop windows, or if you've got a college near to you give them a ring. The lads (and girls) who have learning to be brickies; welders; or painters would be glad of the work experience and the college may pass your name to the best ones.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where abouts in SE London are you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income