Lidl weekend half price offers 2/3 May

dlusman
dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 29 April 2015 at 10:29AM in Gone off!
"Strathvale" Pork Belly Slices 500g £1.19 ( area 3,7,9,11)
"Braemoor" Pork Shanks 500g £1.74 ( area 1 ,2 ,4,5,6,10,12)
"Deluxe" Carrot Cake 360g 89p
"Snaktastic" Crisps 24 *25g packs £1.07
Cherry Tomatoes 500g 89p

To work out what area you are in - Goto the Lidl website,make sure that you have your local store selected, move to a few different pages and look at the URLs. A lot of pages will have an "ar=" paramater. The number after the = is your Lidl area number

Official MoneySavingExpert insert 28 Apr 2015: Lidl has confirmed that these half price offers - including the 24 pack of Snaktastic Crisps - will be available Sat 2 - Sun 3 May. The offers are available in stores nationwide, but exclude Northern Ireland.

Big thanks to dlusman for the original spot!

[tipsignupbox][/tipsignupbox]

Comments

• wow definitley going for crisps, under 5p a bag wow.
    Both pork offers look good too.

Could do with burgers cheap soon to stock up for BBQs
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    wow definitley going for crisps, under 5p a bag wow.
    Both pork offers look good too.

Could do with burgers cheap soon to stock up for BBQs

Strangely enough - They are pushing BBQ meat in the leaflet for the whole of that week ( apr 30 -> May 6th ) ,

Various BBQ products at £2.99 per pack or 2 packs for £5 including :
    8 Beef Burgers 681g £2.99
    4 Beef Burgers ( Tomato & Basil or Cheddar flavoured ) 454g £2.99
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thanks dlusman. I'm in area 12 so I think I'll give the pork shanks a try.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Not moaning too much :D
    But I'm getting sick of the "Braemoor" stuff. I've been avoiding Lidl the last few weeks and waiting for the better (hopefully soon) offers.

I would have love the steak mince or the belly pork slices ................ one day with some luck.

Crisps are cheap and I may try the carrot cake. But, definitely not the pork shanks (area 10 - North East England)!!

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Carrot cake is cheaper to buy than make!

I've new heard of this brand of crisps, any recommendations? Still have a big box of the hand cooked crisps from the last 1/2 price promotion :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Lynsey wrote: »

But, definitely not the pork shanks (area 10 - North East England)!!

Lynsey

Have you tried them before then Lynsey?
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Have you tried them before then Lynsey?

Tried these and most of the Braemoor range.
    Of the "shanks", i prefer the lamb ones. They aren't bad and if you want to try them, then at half-price is the time to "experiment".
    I just think I could buy something better for my money. :D
    For example, I bought a decent sized ribeye steak (reduced to clear) from ASDA last night for less than the pork shanks.
    I'm waiting for the Deluxe steak mince and I'll max up with that. I have plenty in the freezers (that desperately need using up), so I can abide my time (for the time being).
    But, if you haven't yet tried them, give them a go.

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • artyclarty
    artyclarty Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Not moaning too much :D
    But I'm getting sick of the "Braemoor" stuff. I've been avoiding Lidl the last few weeks and waiting for the better (hopefully soon) offers.

I would have love the steak mince or the belly pork slices ................ one day with some luck.

Crisps are cheap and I may try the carrot cake. But, definitely not the pork shanks (area 10 - North East England)!!

Lynsey

I feel your pain Lynsey. Know the manager of our local branch and he thinks the North East has been getting the bum end of the weekend deals for a while now.

My theory is they are trying to draw in new customers in more affluent areas with the better deal and they think that all of us poor people in the north will just shop there regardless :P

I am going to be in area 3 (staffordshire) that weekend anyway so may pick up some pork belly slices whilst there...
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If it makes you feel any better I am in the SE and it's the pork shanks at the store nearest to me lol!

The one Braemoor item I am waiting for is braised beef in ale, that is lovely.
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    artyclarty wrote: »
    My theory is they are trying to draw in new customers in more affluent areas with the better deal and they think that all of us poor people in the north will just shop there regardless :P

Interesting theory and may not be that far off the mark.
    Maybe I'm not poor enough. lol
    But I've rarely visited Lidl this year (compared to other years) and most of the time it's been for my Brother's shopping. I've probably visited Aldi more over Lidl, but there are some great offers from the BIG BOYS now. Shop around if you can, although appreciated not everyone can or may be not worthwhile. I'm lucky and pass many of the main supermarkets almost daily. Even Home Bargains have cheap veg now!!
    But, I'll be in Lidl today for my Brother's shopping and I might pick up a few things (strawberries if any left).
    I wish Lidl would include some of their other non-food items within their "Half-price Weekend Offers". I know they sometimes repeat their perfume / aftershave at half-price along with some other beauty items, but personally I'd like to see a more varied range.
    It might just be me being fussy though. :o

MysteryMe - the Braemoor braised beef is pretty good. Would you pay full price for it??

Lynsey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure