Help with Student Finance Please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
1 reply 865 views
sweetpea91sweetpea91 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
Hi

I'm hoping someone has any advice or information regarding compelling personal reasons and student finance england? I'm approaching the end of my 3 year bachelor degree and am hoping to change courses onto the extended degree which is an integrated masters degree, which would be an extra year. I know this type of extended degree is usually funded by student finance, however, I had to repeat the 2nd year of my course due to personal/medical reasons, which means I have now already had 4 years of funding with SFE.

I was just wondering if I changed my course to the 4 year one now and applied for student finance again, do I have a chance of getting funding for an extra year with compelling personal reasons. I'm slightly confused as to how it all works and I'm worrying that I'm not going to be able to do an extra year if I can't get any funding. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thankyou!

Replies

• Ed-1Ed-1 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    sweetpea91 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm hoping someone has any advice or information regarding compelling personal reasons and student finance england? I'm approaching the end of my 3 year bachelor degree and am hoping to change courses onto the extended degree which is an integrated masters degree, which would be an extra year. I know this type of extended degree is usually funded by student finance, however, I had to repeat the 2nd year of my course due to personal/medical reasons, which means I have now already had 4 years of funding with SFE.

I was just wondering if I changed my course to the 4 year one now and applied for student finance again, do I have a chance of getting funding for an extra year with compelling personal reasons. I'm slightly confused as to how it all works and I'm worrying that I'm not going to be able to do an extra year if I can't get any funding. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thankyou!

You are entitled to full funding for the length of your first degree course (regardless of its length) + 1 gift year to cover any repeat years/change of degree etc.

So you will be entitled to full funding for the length of your integrated masters (if you transfer from e.g. BSc to MMath).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals