E-Petition: Surgeries use of expensive 0844 Numbers

Options
13»

Comments

• mightyroyals
    Options
    Thisoldman why revive a a years old thread?
    CashBack earned to date - £1244-58
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ignoring the 'old thread' aspect for the moment, what happened when you sued them thisoldman?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • thisoldman
    Options
    heinz my apologies i sued the surgery and PCT under sec 3 of the Equality Act, for not providing me with an alternative method of accessing the appointments system apart from a telephone number. I am deaf.

I won both cases. The PCt bought me a screenphone using textrelay plus financial compensation.

The surgery paid compensation and gave me an email address.

Whilst i accept this post was off topic in the sense that it was about access rather than 0844 number, the same methodologies i used can be used to sue surgery for using premium rate numbers.

The Royal College Of Physicians has already written to all gp surgeries telling them to stop the 0844. Few have complied.

The gp surgery contract with the PCt clearly lays down certain conditions before a contract is signed. One of these is that the surgery will abide by the provisions of the equality act.

If your PCt will not take legal action against the surgery then you can sue your pct under the public duty section of the equality act, and you can sue your surgery under sec 3 of the Equality Act.

It is best/easier to simply contact englandhelpline @equalityhumanrights.com and let them do the donkey work for you.

Any more info please ask.

At present (to-day) 1109 surgeries in england and wales are using premium rate numbers.

ian
  • Le73Uq86Uv
    Le73Uq86Uv Posts: 336 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2012 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Which? misled about the costs of calling NHS GPs 0844 telephone numbers?

http://nhspatient.blogspot.co.uk/
    Signature removed club member No1.

It had no link, It was not to long and I have no idea why.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure