We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Friday 17th April 2015

O/S Daily Friday 17th April 2015


This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
«1

Comments

  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Morning everyone

    Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

    Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

    Now light, cloudy and overcast, temperature has dropped too. Load of washing ready to go on the line, will do that shortly.

    DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. Will wake DS2 shortly so he can get ready for school.

    Dinner last night was a takeaway – as we went to mum and dad’s to give dad his birthday prezzie. I have chicken pieces in the fridge that I will roast and serve with jacket potatoes and salad for tonight’s dinner.

    Was reasonably productive yesterday, got the ironing done, housework and did a few other jobs from the to do list. Have the normal chores to do today, so will be heading to town, to visit the bank and then do the food shopping. I’m meeting my friend today for lunch so will be heading over to hers at lunchtime.

    Have great Friday’s everyone x

    Keep safe and well x

    nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2015 at 7:05AM
    Morning all,


    Bit cooler here today but a nice sunny day, off to work for me day seven in a row so feeling very tired, weekend off though so really looking forward to a lay in tomorrow !


    We are going to have a takeaway tonight maybe an Indian will be a nice treat after a long week.


    Got the wrong date for my shopping which will be delivered tonight, so just need to put that away, wont be doing an awful lot this weekend just pottering I think.


    Csarina so glad that DH is home, hope all is well xx


    We watched Banished too, it really was an excellent series and I am sad that it was the last one, really was very good.


    Right better get on, have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,679 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Morning Everyone

    Looks like another nice day here, really glad as DD is home and has brought me some washing! Not too much as she was staying with friends who have a Maid who harassed DD for washing all the time!

    My friend from Oz is going back down south today so I will have her bedding to do, yesterday the washing dried in no time.

    Had a lovely relaxing time with my friend, just wish we lived nearer to each other. Can't believe we have seen each other 2 years in a row, it's usually about 4 years till we can get together.

    Chaps came to start the log burner yesterday, they put in the hearth and backboards, the rest will be done today. What a mess everywhere, I hoovered up the dust and gave it a wipe over but will wait till they are finished today.

    Csarina & Elona - Hope OHs are doing ok.

    Have a great Friday. Take care. XX
  • Morning one and all, it looks like a better start to the day here. We had a good few days at the caravan but didn't get the promised warm weather!! In fact it was quite cold a lot of the time and I was glad of my old faithful crochet blanket to put over the duvet at night. I made it at least 35 years ago and it's still going strong!

    We didn't do a great deal, other than a day in Harrogate for a spot of browsing, a little bit of shopping and a nice lunch. The other days were spent relaxing, reading, bird watching, etc. It didn;t take the birdies long to realise the feeders had been filled again and we had a constant stream to watch. The pheasants remembered us too and came running for seed each time we came out!

    We came back to reality yesterday afternoon and prepared ourselves for the 3 DGDs coming for tea, sleepover and school run this morning. DD duly arrived to say DGD4 had been sick and couldn't go to school so could we have her all day today? She seemed recovered until I went up to bed with the eldest - to find she had been sick EVERYWHERE!!! All over herself, the bedding, the carpet, the bookcase beside her, even up the curtains!! EEEK! We didn't know where to start! DH changed her bed whilst I scrubbed the carpet and everything else in sight! So an even bigger pile of washing than expected to hang out today and we brought a big pile back with us from the caravan!

    Anyway she is up this morning and looks no worse for the disturbed night, bouncing around everywhere! Of course no school for her but the other 2 will be to get up feed and clothe shortly. Hoping she will be fit enough to come shopping as the fridge looks very bare, though the freezers are well stocked.

    Sadly no caravan next week as Mr TA has his appointment at Leeds Oncology for his next injection on Tuesday and I have my Pre-op Assessment appointment on Wednesday, then DGDs to sleep Wed and Thurs nights and subsequent school runs next morning. So busy week in store.

    Have a good day all, take care, xxx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,990 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Morning everyone.

    Frost on the grass but lovely sun in the sky.

    Yesterday was lovely too apart from the cold wind. I really need to get a washing line set up in the back garden, we gave a ceiling maiden but need more space. Camelot - you prompted that thought!

    Today I'm going to forage for kindling. There's been a lot of tree cutting down activity on the estate and huge amounts of left overs. I've asked if I can collect and told yes, so thick gloves are ready. My wood order should arrive on Monday, soon there'll be enough for three years of heating.

    More porridge coming up. And I have a trip to the south of Germany to sort out, am dithering between flying or taking the train. I'm only going for two nights so flying makes more sense but I really enjoy train travel.

    TA, good to hear your days away were fun. Harrogate is a lovely place.

    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Oh dear TA - hope DGD is better soon. Once DS2 threw up whilst he was up the stairs and I was at the bottom - I was covered as was everything in his way - so I know that feeling of not knowing where to start _pale_
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning chums,last day of DGS Easter holidays today, so its three hair cuts for the boys as its dearer on a Saturday for their Dad to take them !! dunno why
    Tomorrow I am off to my sis-in-laws at Faversham as we are going out for a meal locally to her in a supposedly nice Italian restaraunt, hopefully better than my 'posh hotel afternoon tea' of Wednesday.
    I have a nice bottle of Primitivo from Puglia for us to quaff tomorrow night :):):) so if all else fails we can drown our sorrows in that :)
    Still feeling a bit full of cotton wool with my head cold but it won't stop me from having a nice evening.
    Hope you all have a good day,its still a bit nippy here although the sun is out,its the cold wind thats doing it.
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,626 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 April 2015 at 12:05PM
    Morning all,

    Looks like its going to be another hot one here... Edit : Now overcast with a splash of rain :(

    Taking MIL shopping this morning, might grab 5 mins to have a quick look around my fav charity shop.

    Apart from that a bit of ironing to do and dinner to make for the teens as we,re out tonight and tomorrow night :o

    Have a fab day all x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

    £300/£130
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Good Morning All,

    I do hope that everyone is well and if anyone isn't then they have my very best wishes.

    Looks like it's going to be another georgeous day here so laundry will be put out on the rope shortly. I love getting my laundry outside to dry.

    Friday usually means a big list of chores for me but i am going out to friends house today for a much needed catch up and gossip. DS is on a day off and doesn't have any plans so he will do some of the chores.

    Shopping being delivered tonight so we will have that to deal with.

    Hope everyone has a great day.

    Regards
    :j
  • Good Morning everyone it's definitly cooler here this morning and we have milky overcast skies. He Who Knows and that hound are out for walkies and I'm just going to go through the house and tidy, dust and vacuum. I've a little bit of ironing to do and then off to the local centre for some shopping to see us through the weekend.

    Last autumn we planted some willow whips in the garden, given by a very kind OS friend, we took out our pond because one side collapsed but mainly because we now have that Zebra child. I wanted to grow him a little willow wigwam for a playhouse when he comes to visit. Well, nearly all the whips have taken and are putting out those wonderful green leaves that are the colour only willow produces. Last weekend we put a sturdy stake in the middle of the oval shape and put a strong screw into the top of it to which we tied in the willow whips to make the shape. It's going to be smashing if I can shape it properly, a real den for the littlest cub!!! I'll try to post a picture when we have leaves all over, at the moment it resembles a greening spiders web! The other lovely thing in the garden at the moment is the bluebells under the apple trees on the front lawn, I'd hoped to be able to take a picture of them under the apple blossom but they are out in full now and the apple trees are still only just coming into leaf. Will post a picture when the sun is on the flowers, it's pretty!

    Have yourselves a good day all, Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.