🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

RE everyone being blocked from liking and sharing on FB

Options

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It doesn't seem to matter how many friends you have or who your friends are ... like I said, it's my Personal page that's been restricted (it's the only FB I have, other than the dogs ... which is fine). I don't have any comping friends on there, all real people that I know and had the account since 2007
  • Fartus_Maximus
    Options
    Never liked Facebook. Still, they made me jump through hoops to prove who I am twice. Now this. I've given them an earful in my appeal. If they don't sort it out I'll probably deactivate the profile and call it quits with Facebook comps. Really not worth the hassle.
  • Lukki_Lu
    Lukki_Lu Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I've been banned too. Only recently started comping, my personal account, 244 family and friends, 1381 liked pages, banned until 14th May! Tbh I think it may be a good thing in the long run for us, as it will mean that all those businesses who ask you to share to enter (against fb rules) will have to stop that, knowing that many people can't share.

No point in contacting fb either as I got restrictions on my old business account a while ago and they don't even acknowledge it. It does state in their 'small print' that it cannot be lifted for any reason.
    Started comping Feb 2015 - Wins to date:
    2015 - Celebrity Slim bundle - Stabilo Pens - Family SeaLife Pass - £50 Lidl voucher - Book - Family Geronimo ticket - FYEO photo shoot - £25 cash
  • daisy_doo
    daisy_doo Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i'm glad i read everyones posts, i was getting a bit paranoid! i've also been blocked til the 14th , never had a problem before, been using facebook for comps for a couple of years. boo hiss facebook
  • lynsal
    lynsal Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    No notifications but just tried to like a new page to get a message saying I couldn't like this page atm guessing I'm banned as well. Nice of them to tell me
  • pinktilgate
    Options
    Im really starting to think we've entered a comp ran by someone who doesn't like compers!

X
    I L❤️VE COMPING!

£2014 wins in 2014! £1377 / £2014
    14 prizes over £14. 17/14
    52 prizes challenge! 25/52

❤️Bluetooth Speaker❤️Barbie Bundle❤️Lava Lamp❤️Quicksmart stroller❤️Xbox❤️Face Cleanser❤️Doll❤️£50 cash❤️Razor❤️Diary❤️Football❤️Necklace❤️Toni & Guy Hair Set❤️Diet Coke Set❤️Perfume❤️Halloween Bundle❤️£10 voucher❤️Perfume❤️Games Bundle❤️Bag❤️Gloves❤️£100 Amazon❤️Fake Bake Products ❤️Eyecurl❤️St Moritz Kit❤️
  • chocolateone
    chocolateone Posts: 4,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had a quick mooch around and googled the facebook ban... compers in America are talking about the same ban they have received today. Now makes me wonder if it is compers in general who are liking/sharing and Facebook doesn't like it, rather that a particular competition we have entered.
  • RAP_2
    RAP_2 Posts: 402 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you every one. Safe to say that there is no pattern or anything forming, just a clamp down.

Although I have not been blocked yet, to be honest, I wouldn't be that bothered. I have entered at least 1000 - 2000 comps on FB as I did clear up my liked pages a few weeks ago and have never had a sniff. Same old winners sometimes 2 and 3 times a day and I have seen comps where the winners have been friends of those running the comps. I don't mind the FB app comps but have never been keen on the L C & S ones as it is so hard to track who won. I think I will stick to the form filler style comps from now on.
    2017 wins = £1350
    2016 wins = £125 (18 months off comps)
    2015 wins = £6,460
    2014 wins = £1,350
  • pesky_princess
    Options
    I have not been banned - (yet!) I have 257 friends who are a mix of current real friends, family, old real school friends and also compers. I like 6,840 pages and I enter lots of fb comps - I don't enter tons of L/S ones though but I do a reasonable amount. I am crossing my fingers I don't get banned - but I am going to be mindful of what I enter for a while... I don't even like doing L/S comps so it will give me an excuse to stop them for a while! The FB powers that be have got their priorities wrong thats for sure... They turn a blind eye to some serious stuff that gets reported but fb never take action, yet they banning people for innocently sharing a competition?! pffffffft!
    April 2014: A CAR!!!!!! :j 60th Anniversary Edition of Playboy mag signed by Hugh Hefner/Family pass to Twinlakes Family Theme Park/Rio 2 Goodies/£15 Promod Voucher/Nivea Sensitive Prize pack/John Frieda Cosmetic bag and bits/Tickets to New Kids On The Block + Meet and Greet
  • Idol_Eyes
    Idol_Eyes Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 400 friends none of whom I have met, I like 4811 and pages and although my profile pic is of me, you wouldn't know it as it's from a distance.

I only ever share a comp if I have to and I only ever enter competitions that I really want to win, I try to predominantly stick to comps that are run via an app. I would say 50% of my wins come from Facebook.

I haven't been banned yet
    2023 £2180, 2022 £300, 2021 £1800, 2015 £3790, 2014 £4460
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills