Moneyextra Portfolio

Options
2»

Comments

• banjodog
    banjodog Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Does having a MoneyExtra trader account mean you still have access to the portfolio? A trader account is just £2.50 a quarter if you don't trade
  • Porcupine
    Porcupine Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Sparky47 wrote: »
    Google don't seem to use the normal symbols shown in Trustnet but you can just start entering the fund name in the box and it will come up with a list of options.

"the box" being the search on http://finance.google.co.uk/
    Start typing in the fund name, pick the right one from the list and you get to something like this. Then the fund ticker is in brackets beside the fund name.

I have no idea why they don't use the ISIN, it's Google being 'special' I suppose.

Note that another Google-being-Google thing, the results sometimes have decimal places truncated. So not ideal if you're interested in micro-tracking your portfolio.
  • Totton
    Totton Posts: 981 Forumite
    Options
    You also have portfolio options with Morningstar UK who cater for buys & sells, Trustnet who don't cater for buys & sells, others include the London Stock Exchange which is quite good as it gives you stock alerts.

For funds I would go with Morningstar UK

Trustnet is at http://www.trustnet.com/Tools/Portfolio/PortfolioHome.aspx
  • banjodog
    banjodog Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Morningstaer portfolio looks Ok, except it doesn't seem to show the current vlaue of holdings?
  • chineplate
    chineplate Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Been using Moneyextra for years, shame. However, loaded up my portfolio on to the Trustnet site and it's just as good if not better. It's quicker that Moneyextra and I can download my portfolio to a .csv file for price inclusion into a spreadsheet. Only issue at the moment is downloading indices.
  • mike88
    mike88 Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chineplate wrote: »
    Been using Moneyextra for years, shame. However, loaded up my portfolio on to the Trustnet site and it's just as good if not better. It's quicker that Moneyextra and I can download my portfolio to a .csv file for price inclusion into a spreadsheet. Only issue at the moment is downloading indices.

The problem with Trustnet is that you can't see how the daily totals of your portfolio change meaning that on day 1 your portfolio components and totals are worth £XXXX and on day 2 are worth £YYYY.
    Take my advice at your peril.
  • chineplate
    Options
    mike88 wrote: »
    The problem with Trustnet is that you can't see how the daily totals of your portfolio change meaning that on day 1 your portfolio components and totals are worth £XXXX and on day 2 are worth £YYYY.

Agreed, however, as I drop the .csv file data into another spreadsheet, all the comparisons and data manipulation is taken care of there.
  • plunt
    plunt Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i hold various stocks in various platforms (Iweb/ HL/ corporate employee shares, and spreadbetting)

Has anyone found one which would allow me to factor in stocks that I have that are leveraged via spreadbetting. as always have the issue as either the account value will be wrong or the p&l will be wrong. An additioanl nice feature would be if it flagged stocks that have paid dividends and i could then state if they were reinvested or not (I dont mind putting in the reinvested price manually).

I created a fairly good excel sheet that would auto update prices and could factor in the leveraged stocks but dividend part become fairly messy. Would also be nice if I could flag which ones are not in tax wrappers as then dividends really need to be factored in and tracked.

Im not very hopeful in finding something that solves my issues but if anyone knows of something I would be very grateful!
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    banjodog wrote: »
    Does having a MoneyExtra trader account mean you still have access to the portfolio? A trader account is just £2.50 a quarter if you don't trade

from home page:

The Share Centre will continue to administer the Moneyextra Trader and the Moneyextra Frequent Trader sharedealing accounts. However, the Moneyextra Portfolio will not be available as part of this service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure