Forced to move seats - who to complain to?

My lovely boyfriend has many fine qualities, unfortunately he is also a huge fan of WWE, and likes to give them lots of pennies.
For the past 5 years he has gone to Wrestlemania in the USA, including this year in the Bay Area (Levi's Stadium). Last October he bought two tickets as soon as they came out. He bought the tickets online via Ticketmaster.com (the US site), as linked on the official WWE website. He paid via his Visa Debit card.
As a committed Wrestling lover who has been a few times, he handpicked the seats (which were $300 each), to make sure they were in the first tier, close the the ring, and with a square on view (knowing that they put lighting columns in the corners).
So he travels 5000 miles with a friend to Santa Clara, arrives at the wrestling, and on entry he is told that the seats have such a good view they have put camera equipment there. Not to worry, they've been upgraded. They go to the new seats, and people are sat in them - quite legitimately - they have reallocated boyfriend's tickets to someone else's seats (brilliant!). So, boyfriend and pal go back to the entrance, and are reallocated other, far far worse seats as the only ones left available (it was a sell out and record crowd for the venue). They are the precise distant corner seats they wanted to avoid.
Essentially, they spent thousands travelling to California, over $600 on tickets, and ended up in rubbish seats. My question is who so they complain to? The stadium / WWE who moved them? Ticketmaster who allocated the seat? His card company for Chargeback? Is there any chance of getting any recompense?

Would *massively* appreciate any ideas / experiences of international problems like this!

Thanks,
Kimdunja

Comments

• johnmcga
    johnmcga Posts: 190 Forumite
    kimdunja wrote: »
    My question is who so they complain to? The stadium / WWE who moved them? Ticketmaster who allocated the seat? His card company for Chargeback? Is there any chance of getting any recompense?

I would definitely complain to Ticketmaster, as that's who took the money and who, presumably, you entered into a contract with to supply the seats you'd requested.

I would also write to the venue to complain. However, I imagine the Ticketmaster T&Cs allow them to reallocate seats if need be, and so I think you'll be unlikely to receive more than a refund of the difference in value between the tickets. Or, at a push, maybe a full refund.

It's worth a go though. Good luck!
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    The promoter (almost certainly the WWE org themselves) released seats which should have been 'kills' (blocked by cameras) and they have your money, so they can resolve the situation. If he takes photos of ticket stubs, etc., and makes it known to their PR/customer services people how upset he was after going so far, and how he wants to resolve things, they should take it seriously.

I'd suggest a good way they could make things right would be equivalent seats maybe next time they tour the UK, with hints towards a VIP experience/ meet&greet ticket ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure