Saving for my 30th.

Options
Hi,

I am looking to start saving for my 30th Birthday in 3 and a half year. I want to book a big holiday with my friends to the Caribbean and then there will be a trip to New York 6 months later. I am hoping that during this time I will be able to save the costs of the holiday and the spending money.

My question is where is best for me to save this money? Ideally I am looking to put £75 a month away starting in May.

* I do not want it linked to my current bank account (Halifax), if I can see it when I am online banking and I am a little short on cash I don't want to be tempted to access it.

* Ideally I would like to be able to get even a little interest on what I am saving. Every little helps etc.

* It can't be in an ISA as I already have one which is to save for a deposit for a house.

My plan is to basically set up a standing order to the account, get rid of the card and not register for online banking so I can't touch the money. I don't trust myself otherwise so think no access is probably the best way forward.

Thanks in advance. C.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family