IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN (Loading Bay)

Options
I have a charge of £195 for parking in a loading bay.
It is the first letter I have received. Apparently there were previous letters. I cannot appeal but need to because there was no sign plus paying £195 is ridiculous. i honestly didn't get any letters.
What are my options?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Post in the parking section?

Give some details on who the ticket is from. Private or Council?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• pool-hustler
    Options
    I thought I did.
    It's council. In a loading bay
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,279 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have moved this for better responses
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you have received the Charge Certificate. You cannot appeal that, but if you wait for the Order for Recovery, you can then file a witness statement, (the OfR will give details) that you didn't receive the pcn or Notice to Owner.

This sets the process back to the NtO stage , at which point you can submit formal representations
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    Will I be able to pay the original amount then, if I did screw up?
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If the pcn is re-set to the NtO stage, the full penalty of £130 is due. If subsequent formal representation and/or appeal to the adjudicator is rejected, the amount due is still £130. If formal reps or appeal is allowed no amount is due.
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    What's the location of the loading bay?
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    Not sure yet. It says High St, London N8
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    If it's here;

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.587572,-0.11871,3a,75y,226.58h,94.41t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sCnak5ev2jlKBQA5G7UjDyA!2e0

then you should deffo appeal (assuming the image is up to date) due to the lack of signage and incorrect marking of the bay.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure