Buyer claiming they haven't received Ebay item but it is showing as delivered

Options
Hi,
I have a problem. I sold an expensive book (£60) on ebay on BIN.
I sent the book via Collect + and it showed as delivered yesterday.
The seller has contacted me today to say I gave him the wrong tracking number as he hasn't received the goods.
What do I do next?
Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well send him a screenshot and if he disputes via Ebay, provide the information to them too.
    ally.
  • me4bargains
    me4bargains Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    It turns out he lives in Poland and it was sold under Ebay's Global Shipping Programme.
    I had no idea I was signed up for that.
    It's been delivered to s drop-shipper who does the rest.
    has anyone else made a sale through this scheme?
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It turns out he lives in Poland and it was sold under Ebay's Global Shipping Programme.
    I had no idea I was signed up for that.
    It's been delivered to s drop-shipper who does the rest.
    has anyone else made a sale through this scheme?

As long as it shows as delivered to the eBay hub then it becomes ebays responsibility. eBay haven't quite got the hang of their own rules yet, but Personally I'd phone eBay and ask them what you need to tell the buyer in order for them to claim from eBay rather than for you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    As long as you have tracking to the GSP [Pitney Bowes] hub then your covered, Pitney Bowes are really slow in processing the parcels & getting them delivered.
    We bought one from the US via GSP & it took 4 weeks from them providing the tracking number.
    Explain to your buyer that the eBay GSP program has the item & will be delivered shortly by them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure