Hotel Booked For Wedding Gone Bust!

Options
Hi all, we're going to Cyprus in June for a friend's wedding and 3 separate parties (including the bride and groom) have all booked the same hotel.

We have just found out that the hotel has gone bust and are facing the prospect of being moved. Now the travel agent has already moved my party to a different (and in my opinion inferior) hotel while the bride and groom have been moved to a better hotel.

Obviously as we all booked to attend a wedding we do not all want to be in different all inclusive hotels as that would be ridiculous.

Does anyone know where we stand? The hotel the bride and groom have been moved to is an extra 25% on top of what we paid and I'm not convinced the agent will be prepared to stump up the cost.

Comments

• littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have to accept what they give you. You can take your money back and book your own hotel
    travelover
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it was booked as a real package and not just flights and accommodation separately but at the same time (have a look at your ATOL Certificate to see which it is) the organiser must offer you comparable accommodation, if it is inferior then you should be offered compensation. It won't have cost the operator very much as they usually pay hotels after you have stayed. Have a look and see which hotel they offer is a similar price that you would be happy with and ask for it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure