No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2015

Comments

• Oh dear I have 5 INs to start the month off! I won them though at least! 5 Colab dry shampoos. Not used dry shampoo before so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Congrats Upsy Staffordshire! They are my HG - hope you enjoy!

I have two UUs today:

Beauticology Sweet Gingerbread Body Wash 50ml: Really disappointed with this - scent wasn't what I had hoped and it didn't lather up at all! WNBA.

Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Shower Gel 200ml: This was LHJ and I grew so sick of the smell that I used it up as a hand wash to get rid of it faster. WNBA.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 8 March at 2:58PM
    Deleted_User thank you for the new thread, please count me in for another month. I am still being very careful which skincare items I use as my awful facial flare up has not quite gone:(, so use ups will be low for another month.

Great to see you back Fizzwhizz, hope you don't mind me asking, but do you share your home with cats? not sure if it is fact, but read recently that the oil diffusers have caused quite bad burns to some cats who have got the oil on their fur:eek: When I last was housekeeper to a cat:rotfl: there was not a shelf, cupboard or window ledge that it did not consider it's own personal space!
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM wrote: »
    Was MB Orange and Bergamot Naran-Ji in it's past life? If so, I don't like that one either. The only one I love is the Thyme and White Mulberry hand lotion. Have this on my desk at work now and my friend says it smells like tea.

I've got into the habit of wearing fragrance every day and taking it to work to top up.

OK my totals for March are fairly shocking. I succumbed to Boots, QVC and Liz Earle offers. Should feed my credit card through the shredder.

Yes it was Naran Ji ... i've never tried the Thyme and White Mulberry, will give it a sniff next time i'm in the MB shop!

What offers did you get VALM? living vicariously through you;)
  • FizzWhizz
    FizzWhizz Posts: 939
    First Post
    Forumite
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Great to see you back Fizzwhizz, hope you don't mind me asking, but do you share your home with cats?

Hi maddiemay :wave: No cats here but that's really useful info nonetheless! The only furry being we shared our house with was Pip the hamster, who sadly made a trip to the vet last Friday and didn't come home :( He was an ace hammy too, full of character and not as nippy as his predecessor. DS1 has been informed there will be no more small furries chez Whizz but has taken it well all things considered.

I clean at a house with a 22 year old cat :o and for all she's not as nimble as a kitten, she's still very good at covering most surfaces in paw prints and nose smears :D A few weeks ago I found her sitting ON TOP of the tortoise -- she wasn't very pleased at being shooed but I doubt Flash was very impressed with being squished either :D xx
  • Congrats Upsy Staffordshire! They are my HG - hope you enjoy!

I've seen some quite mixed reviews on them so that's great to know, thank you :)
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • Please count me in again. 3 things I must do is update my list, sort out a pp list and use the products. General fabbing has shamefully slipped!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries: July stash 72/0 INS/2 UU/0 TA
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yes it was Naran Ji ... i've never tried the Thyme and White Mulberry, will give it a sniff next time i'm in the MB shop!

What offers did you get VALM? living vicariously through you;)

Hi citygirl. The Boots offer was the No7 GWP - contained a gorgeous eyeshadow which sadly they don't sell singularly, a mascara, primer (which I'm going to save for my hols), lip pencil (which isn't brilliant re: application).

I also bought £30.00 worth of goods last week to get triple points. Have decided I'm going to try and save my points to buy a new box of Benefit Dallas powder which I've heard has been discontinued. My present box has hit pan.

From QVC I got the L'Occitane TSV which contained a full size liquid soap and full size eco refill (Verbena). This is family HG so am glad to replace this on auto delivery. The kit also contained a full size Whipped foal body wash (nice for a gimmick but I wouldn't repurchase singularly), a full size Shea body lotion which I'm going to give to my friend for her birthday present in May and a 30ml tube of Shea Whipped hand cream which I've been using and is nearly gone. Nice product but you end up using more because of the consistency.

From Liz Earle I bought the three tin set of Limited Edition Cleanse & Polish which I used a 20% code for. Also received freebies in the form of 30ml C&P, 50ml each of IBST and Eyebright.

On this point I thought that the last eco-refill I bought had changed formula as it was a different colour and I'm wondering now whether I go the shower gel by mistake as it's making my hands dry. Think I'm going to swap it today for the handwash and use the existing one in the shower.

Did not spend anything yesterday. Mind you I didn't leave the house but this doesn't mean anything any more does it, what with internet access and QVC. Have QVC on at the moment and thankfully not swayed by the Ultrasun TSV. I have bought this for the last couple of years. The first set I bought had Sport version in it which was brilliant as it's a clear gel. Last year's was the Family lotion which I had to reapply and could feel a slight burn now and then. Today's kit contains the Family one so my money's safe. Phew.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Congrats Upsy Staffordshire! They are my HG - hope you enjoy!

I have two UUs today:

Beauticology Sweet Gingerbread Body Wash 50ml: Really disappointed with this - scent wasn't what I had hoped and it didn't lather up at all! WNBA.

Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Shower Gel 200ml: This was LHJ and I grew so sick of the smell that I used it up as a hand wash to get rid of it faster. WNBA.

Beauticology is made by Bayliss & Harding which explains why it is rubbish. They are all about the packaging and the products are dreadful imo.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Maddiemay/FizzWhizz - I love cats, they are so amusing.

VALM - What is Whipped foal body wash - whipped foal???

I have a flurry of uu's to report

Bergamot Essential Oil
    Roman Chammomile Essential Oil

Both of these have been added to a large bottle of Oilatum which was originally for DD, she prefers to shower now so I am using it as bath oil. I am counting the two oils as used even though technically they aren't.

Skyn Iceland Cooling Eye Gels - WNBA, this is a pricey brand and whilst these were fun to use and my skin felt nice and soft after I can see no visible difference today.

Clarins Self Tanning Radiance Cream Gel 5ml - I have accumulated a lot of fake tan but I hate actually using it, applied this last night to my neck and chest area and it is very, very subtle. WNBA.

This Works Sleep Spray 10ml - save your money - this does nothing. Glad it came in a beauty box.

Avon Intensive Body Lotion 400ml - this is lovely, light fragrance, easy to rub in and very moisturising. WBA.

Rituals Fortune Scrub with Organic Mandarin & Yuzu - this was a foaming scrub and I did like it but I don't intend to buy body scrubs individually any more.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Dolly I meant Whipped Foam of course x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family