Furniture Village - missing power pack

Dear All

Just wanted some advice please.

We ordered a new table and a 2 seater manual recliner and 3 seater power recliner from Furniture Village back on New Years Day this year. Delivery estimate was around 10 weeks. The sofas arrived roughly on time around 6th March. However the power recliner was missing a power pack so couldn't be connected to the power outlet. The installer said that they must have forgotten to put it in with the sofas at the warehouse and informed us to get back in touch with them for them to send it out to us.

We called FV back and they said that they would post it out to us and delivery will be in a few days.

We received a letter on 13th March which again said the same thing that delivery will be in a few days.

We then didn't hear anything back from them and still had not received a delivery and so I called the store and was then informed that the power packs were on order from China and would not be in until the end of April! :mad::mad::mad:

This is at best 4 months from the point of ordering. So right now I have a power recliner which has neither power nor is it reclining. It is in fact therefore just a normal sofa.

The manager of FV is ignoring my calls and so I would like to know if anyone out there knows if I am entitled to any compensation as what I ordered - a power recliner, is not what I have received as of right now. Can I simply tell them that I will shop elsewhere and to come back and collect their sofas as the invoice was for a power recliner which it is not as of right now?

Many thanks for your help and advice on this matter.

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    nikeel wrote: »
    Dear All

Just wanted some advice please.

We ordered a new table and a 2 seater manual recliner and 3 seater power recliner from Furniture Village back on New Years Day this year. Delivery estimate was around 10 weeks. The sofas arrived roughly on time around 6th March. However the power recliner was missing a power pack so couldn't be connected to the power outlet. The installer said that they must have forgotten to put it in with the sofas at the warehouse and informed us to get back in touch with them for them to send it out to us.

We called FV back and they said that they would post it out to us and delivery will be in a few days.

We received a letter on 13th March which again said the same thing that delivery will be in a few days.

We then didn't hear anything back from them and still had not received a delivery and so I called the store and was then informed that the power packs were on order from China and would not be in until the end of April! :mad::mad::mad:

This is at best 4 months from the point of ordering. So right now I have a power recliner which has neither power nor is it reclining. It is in fact therefore just a normal sofa.

The manager of FV is ignoring my calls and so I would like to know if anyone out there knows if I am entitled to any compensation as what I ordered - a power recliner, is not what I have received as of right now. Can I simply tell them that I will shop elsewhere and to come back and collect their sofas as the invoice was for a power recliner which it is not as of right now?

Many thanks for your help and advice on this matter.
    Ah... compensation.

You have a right to be compensated for your losses.
    Make a list of them all, convert each one to a monetary value, add all those values to arrive at your claim value.

You also have the right to reject the goods for a full refund. You may well find that FV might not agree to that straight away, so prepare yourself for court.

Alternatively, you could wait for the missing bit to arrive and ask FV if they could see their way to providing that footstool/table lamp/rug/cushions that you have seen, by way of goodwill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure