WARNING: WHSmith 25% off greetings cards voucher & self serve tills

Options
Had a frustrating time at WHS at the weekend trying to use a 25% discount voucher at their self service tills.

Basically - you can't. :mad:

You have been warned.
£2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
£2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain

Comments

• Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not sure which if any retailers allow you to use coupons at self service tills, Asda certainly don't. I suspect it would be too open to abuse/fraud.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsburys allow use of their coupons at self service tills, as far as I can recall.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Sainsburys allow use of their coupons at self service tills, as far as I can recall.

And they still do, you can use the till spits but other coupons may need authorisation from the member of staff.
  • Hezzawithkids
    Hezzawithkids Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    Both Sainsburys and Tescos allow discount coupons at self serve checkouts. The WHS self serve till had an almost identical interface so its obviously not rocket science.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • LutonGirl
    LutonGirl Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    My local Asda allows use of coupons/vouchers at the self serve checkouts. A member of staff has to authorise them but you can use them.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    B&Q needs a staff override to get your over 60's 10% off on self service tills on a Wednesday.

That is why you find large queues at the only manned till on a Wednesday and the self service tills are empty.:rotfl:
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I know (from personal experience) that a Brand Match coupon from Sainsbury's on their self-service over approx. £2.50 needs authorisation from a member of staff.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I avoid that shop like the plague. I think the selling add-ons has already been mentioned on another thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure