Options
124»

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,243 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tavernman wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is it my sense of failure(or do I fail to see sense). Someone comes on this forum asking for help and often get next to no help, someone mentions apple then they end up with the ranters and ravers and topic drifts off. Yet people who say "I have a call from microsoft" and 30 plus replies all repeat the the past carp , cannot these people use Google(probably not...) nor can they search the forum. End of rant...
    Now what is the problem OP?
    It's just you.
    I think the OP was a bit confrontational, and I provided two links to M$, rather than just ranting/carping...
    One or two others also posted relevant links.
  • tavernman
    tavernman Posts: 575 Forumite
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    It's just you.
    I think the OP was a bit confrontational, and I provided two links to M$, rather than just ranting/carping...
    One or two others also posted relevant links.
    You are entitled to yours, but this forum is littered with threads with the same subject matter. I was trying to point out that people who have "Techie Problems" don't receive as much advice as the ones that revisit very old , and very publicised "problems". My original post was referring to the apple/microsoft ranting and the off topic wanderings, not the posts on this thread offering reworked answers to this scam. The point is that this thread has got more posts than some which are technical/user error not the "phone call from microsoft/email from ebay/bank email/should I buy..apple/non-apple".

Read my original post I have not suggested that anyone on this thread has ranted/carped, just stating my opinion about the prevalence of threads like this one, and the fact that everyone will chip in, where as ones that say My PC/browser etc is not working often lack "interest"
  • prowla
    Options
    You are entitled to yours, but this forum is littered with threads with the same subject matter. I was trying to point out that people who have "Techie Problems" don't receive as much advice as the ones that revisit very old , and very publicised "problems". My original post was referring to the apple/microsoft ranting and the off topic wanderings, not the posts on this thread offering reworked answers to this scam. The point is that this thread has got more posts than some which are technical/user error not the "phone call from microsoft/email from ebay/bank email/should I buy..apple/non-apple".

Read my original post I have not suggested that anyone on this thread has ranted/carped, just stating my opinion about the prevalence of threads like this one, and the fact that everyone will chip in, where as ones that say My PC/browser etc is not working often lack "interest"
    Well, you posted this:
    ... someone mentions apple ...
    Nobody had.

And then you said:
    ... and 30 plus replies all repeat the the past carp ...
    I pointed out that not all of the 30+ replies did.
  • Geoffo_M
    Geoffo_M Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the OP was kidding you all along and you all fell for it :)
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Geoffo_M wrote: »
    I think the OP was kidding you all along and you all fell for it :)
    Yep I agree, create a topic that will get people responding, sit back and watch them squabble, throw in some pedantry for good measure.

Guys you fell for it. :rotfl:

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • prowla
    Options
    Hmmm, yes; it might've been a troll.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing