We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Redundancy

Hi, I hope someone has the answer I am looking for.

I have some medical conditions which has caused me to be off work over the last year and I was disciplined because of this and told to improve my attendance at work and I had six months to do this.

I worked for the local authority, which is now an academy. I am currently off sick again and I was informed that I would be taken down the disciplinary route again, or would I consider redundancy because off my ill health, this was discussed verbally. Now all the information I am receiving states that I have requested voluntary redundancy and nothing is mentioned about my health at all.

My redundancy has been approved, but I am aware that there is a hearing just to confirm this. Does anyone have any advice on this. Is it worth going to the hearing.

Thanks

Comments

  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 904 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Hi


    My understanding is that if you take redundancy / retirement on health grounds you may be able to take a LG pension early at an enhanced rate. Certainly true in the LA my wife works for.


    Talk to your union or get some proper advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.