PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 26th March 2015

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

rudely woken this morning by the sound of my sons hairdryer. He could have at least shut the door in his bedroom! In all fairness he usually has a shower after work but he was too shattered last night so he just washed his hair this morning.

Just off out the door to get a few supplies before my daughter gets here with my Grandson. I'll retrieve my bin on the way back. I might even get as far as washing my hair.

Will be back later no doubt.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,086 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

It's here... finally...after all that waiting... my very last day in full time work! :j:j:j And it's pouring with rain! :cool::cool:

Not really a busy day, got my exit interview and then lunch with some colleagues before going home. May have to visit some friends who are in Glasgow for an event though will see.

Yesterday I did a swoop into Costco and now got my car full of toilet rolls and kitchen rolls. Mum wanted a few things too so getting back to her place was interesting. Now I am well stocked up for the summer. Was going to buy a load of kindling (not from C'o) but then decided to forage for it all on the estate, there is more than plenty and I just need to kick myself into gear.

Hope the rain stops soon and everyone has a good day.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. I couldn't believe it when I looked out at 5.45 this morning to find thick snow coming down! It's eased off now and it must be pretty wet stuff as it's not settling on the roads.

The 2 youngest DGDs up early this morning but sat quietly watching Mickey. The bother seems to start when the eldest (10) gets up!

We got over to the caravan with all remaining stuff yesterday but nothing goes to plan does it! Everything put away, then tested the heater and water heater. Both fine. Mr TA carried on with getting the awning carpet to his liking and then we broke off for a leisurely late lunch. When we eventually went outside there was a strong smell of gas and we couldn't trace where it was coming from. In the end we just had to turn the tanks off and get back home to make tea for the 3DGDs. Sod's law we were stuck in traffic and eventually got here just before them and no tea ready! So need to go back yet another day to sort out the gas. Time isn't our own this week, there is something every day and the earliest we can go back will be Monday. As long as we get it sorted before DD and the 3 girls go on Wednesday.

We have shopping to fit in today at some point. It's Ald* voucher day so will make use of that. We usually buy 2 papers and will use the 2nd voucher next Thursday. They are doing a caravan tv/dvd combined today so considering splashing out as our current van tv is dodgy! We have a big one in the awning but it's not always warm enough to sit out there. I prefer to put on music and read but MrTA and the kids always want the tv on.

Oh well nearly time to get 3rd DGD up and then mayhem starts. Roll on 8.30 when they get thrown in the car! Then they are back again tonight and it all starts again. Have a good day all, take care if you have the snow xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Wet and miserable here, we never get 2 days the same here. Still, no washing so that's a bonus. Managed to get everything dried outside yesterday, just gave it a blast in the TD to air off.

Gers - Have a fantastic last day!

tru - Scampi sounds like he's very happy with you if he's making friends already, he has to trust you so he can do that. What a great job you're doing.
    Judi - You just imagine that all countries are the same with baby car seats don't you?

Went on a wild goose chase yesterday after work - when I bought my car there was only 1 key, as the franchise I bought it from don't do key coding I got a message from another one 15 miles away saying it was booked in. Got there and they asked for the key. No-one told me to go to the original dealership to pick it up - 10 miles in the opposite direction! Went to collect it and now have to wait till next week to try all over again.

Hospice tonight and then stir fry something, trying to use up everything in the fridge before I go shopping, it's looking pretty bare already!

Take care. XX
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    GERS CONGRATULATIONS it is here:beer::beer: or perhaps wine would be better

Enjoy every minute of your retirement:j:j:j:j

Much love

Candlelightx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, it’s wet windy and absolutely p*****g down – it’s been raining a good while as the rain is laying and there’s large puddles everywhere.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 still in his pit. DS2 now getting out of the shower, as he didn’t get chance to get one last night.

Dinner last night was the beef stew and dumplings, mash and veg, was lovely – had a better flavour, than when it’s cooked in the slo cooker, I managed to keep 1 portion that’s now in the freezer. I’m not sure what we’re having tonight, I have loads of bacon, some onions, and mushrooms but not really any other veg, so would have made a savoury egg and veg fried rice but don’t really have ingredients for that – or could make it into egg and mushroom fried rice and I think I have some breaded chicken pieces in the freezer to go with it. I will have a look what’s in the freezer and cupboards.

Work was steady yesterday doing my job but not as busy as expected, but it will be busy as it always is, as so many people have the mentality of it’s not due until the 1st so I won’t pay until then, then moan that everyone else is doing the same and they have to wait in a queue to pay! I’m working this Saturday and have already been told what job I’m doing and that’s the same as what I did yesterday but there should be 2 of us, so at least 1 of us can get up and go to keep us supplied with biscuits and coffee/tea!

Did get the normal chores done yesterday after work, so will crack on today with washing, drying and ironing, drying today will have to be TD, want to also try to get some housework done too, find it difficult with anyone else in the house, will do my best.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TravellingAbula

Just read your post re the leaking gas at your caravan, it could be a faulty regulator or the rubber in the gas hose has perished over winter or something has found it's way into the gas locker and chewed the gas hose. Always good to get it checked though, we were away in our caravan this last weekend, and although cold was beautiful Friday as we were able to sit outside in the sun but out of the cool wind but Saturday wasn't very nice at all, wind was really cold - hoping it warms up soon!

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quick weather update - It's snowing!

TA you could have kept it down with you!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Pouring with rain here too and its blooming cold, just when you get used to seeing the sun for a while it goes cold again !!

Topsy hope all goes as well as it can today, thinking of you xx

Gers :j:beer::T Yay have a good last day I am very envious xx

Off to work for me but as its raining it will probably be quiet which means we can get a lot of baking done with the clients ready for the Easter holidays next week. Good client day today I always enjoy Thursdays at this site.

Dinner tonight will be something and chips, there are some chicken goujon type things in the freezer or some fish fingers, will decide once we get in.

Shopping being delivered tonight and I need to do a wash.

Tru, scampi is absolutely lovely, I think most people will be understanding if you explain that he is a rescue, I think you can get those hi viz dog vests with things written on, might be worth investigating xx

Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Ger on your retirement. No doubt you will find plenty of things to fill up your days ahead. Be wise with your time (and not so wise occasionally). Someone said that to me when the last of my babies went off to school and they were so right.

Glad theres no snow here but ive just got back from the shop and got rained on. Still, ive washed my hair now.

I noticed for those of you who shop at @ldi. Theres a £5 off voucher in todays Daily Mirror.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure