ESA - Payment increase and backdating

Options
I was previously in the work related activity group. After filling in the forms and going for a second medical appointment last year, I wasn't awarded enough points to continue receiving ESA. I appealed, my appeal was 7 weeks ago and I was awarded enough points to be allowed it. I was put in the support group this time.

My payments have still remained on the basic/lower rate and I haven't had any back pay.

I know that there's a lot of backdated claims, so I was hoping to get an idea of how long I should be expecting to wait.

I know I can phone but I seem to end up talking to the least helpful people so would rather avoid that unless I have to.

Comments

• epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    You need to phone to ask
    "Have you received the appeal win notice?"

If they say "no" you can ask for a jobcentre appointment to have your letter from tribunal scanned over to ESA for them to start working on it.

If they say "yes" you can ask "when was it received" and ask if there are any further notes about what is happening, but they won't chase it up until 8 weeks have passed from the date they received the appeal win notice.

Does your tribunal letter mention that you were awarded SG on Regulation 35?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure