PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 25th March 2015

Options
O/S Daily Wednesday 25th March 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,086 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyoe.

Brr... cold, frosty with hints of a lovely day to come here. Hope it hurries up.

I was so tired yesterday that I was sound asleep by just after 8.00p.m. and slept almost all the way through to 5.00a.m. Busy weekend, long drives and work all combined to send me off to sleep.

Second last day - and yes, Camelot I am just so happy - just tidying up a few loose ends and writing my (what is going to be highly critical) report on my time here. I have an exit interview tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to!

Plans for today are mostly for after work, need to get to Costco to pick up basic stuff like loo / kitchen rolls and so on. Then I hope to visit my sick friend again.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. The pink and blue sky here promises much.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, clear and dry and frosty. Washing load ready to go out on the line, will do that before I leave for work.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 still in his pit, he’s now on hols from work until he goes back next Wednesday, his workplace were checking everyone’s holidays and then realised no-one had told him how much he had accrued since he started, and now needs to use it up before their new holiday year starts on 1st April! He’s got 7 days, he’s taking 5 and they are buying the other 2 back as they can’t fit them in before 1st April. Will get DS2 up shortly so he can get ready for school.

Dinner last night was gammon, egg, new potatoes, peas, green beans and onion sauce, ice cream for those that wanted some. Dinner tonight will be beef stew and dumplings, mash, and veg – I remembered to get meat out to defrost, I’ll cook it in the oven later this afternoon, have really gone off food cooked in the slo-cooker, seems to have a funny taste.

Work wasn’t as busy as we thought it would be, so have no clue how today will be, although I’m doing a slightly different job today. Only working until lunchtime, then on days off, although I’m working Saturday morning as this is the weekend I swapped with a colleague, she did mine Saturday last week and I’m doing hers this week. Will do all the normal chores when I get back later.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice bright day here but still cold, I have woken with a horrible cold I don't feel right at all but we are so short staffed at work that I cant really not go in, I am only on a course today so just have to sit and listen so not too taxing.

Gers enjoy !! you are on the Homewood straight now, lucky you xx

Pizza for dinner tonight with some salad and garlic bread.

Will do a wash tonight and put on airer and have a sweep around.

Elona I hope your dd is improving.

Have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

And what a great day it promises to be, very cold at the moment though and a heavy frost, much like you Gers. Hope you enjoy your last day and the exit interview!

4 loads of washing on the line already, stripped DDs bed yesterday so have washed all her bedding, mattress protector, electric blanket and throw too. Hope it dries.

Had a worrying half hour yesterday when I heard of the plane crash, DD was flying to SA at that time. Managed to find a computer that worked to find out what airline. Although I am very relieved, my thoughts are with the families of those that lost their lives.

Spent 2 and a half hours cleaning DDs room yesterday when I got home, at least that's done. Need to start on the rest of the house now!

tru - how's Scampi? In another week you will be in your routine and it'll be like you have always had him I would imagine.
    TA - Hope DH got on ok at the hospital.
    JackieO, have you fed Ben up yet? Congrats on his job, hopefully they will take him back on during the summer holidays too.
    LW, Molly and hilstep, hope you are all ok. Hugs to anyone who needs one.

Take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. Lovely start here, frosty but blue sky and sun!

Yesterday went as expected at St James' - one and a half hour wait for the doctor and then half an hour wait for the injection to warm up! Last time someone had the foresight to take it out of the fridge but, alas, not so yesterday!! Doctor seems pleased with the way he is tolerating them and back in a month for the next one. Bloods next time and then repeat scans 2 months after that. Treat ourselves to a coffee and choccy bar before heading for the train home. It had been a long day as usual when we go there.

I was up silly early this morning after a bad night with my aching hip and knee, just couldn't get comfy. If, and when, I get the uti problem solved I really must think about getting them sorted.

We are off over to the caravan today as planned with all the bedding, etc that's still to go. Plus stores and cleaning supplies. Taking a pot of my Red pepper and cream cheese soup for lunch, as don't want to have to start cooking! Hoping to leave enough time for a spot of bird watching before we have to leave and must remember to stop off for some of the yummy big eggs from the nearby farm.

We need to be back by 5.00 as the 3 DGDs are here for tea and sleepover, before school run tomorrow. I have just peeled a big pan of spuds for mash, carrots peeled and some of the lovely sausage my DB gets for me are defrosting. That should please them, smothered with gravy! Eldest DGD10 says I am the best gravy maker in the world! Aw bless it's nice to be appreciated!

Hope you get good news about your DD ELONA. It's a worry for you.

Hugs ((((( HUGS ))))) to all who need them. Have a good day all and take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

Lovely bright morning here and we didn't have the promised rain and hail yesterday afternoon. Don't we feel so much better when the sky is blue and the sun is shining, I hate the dark damp days.

Washing is almost up to date but I do have some towels to pop in the WM later. I have to pop into town later to pick up some shoes I ordered.

TA, what a long day for you both and can I just say according to my DGD2 I make the best mashed potato in the world :)

Elona thinking of you all and hoping for a good outcome for DD

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

I do hope that everyone is well.

Looks like its going to be quite a promising day.

DS left yesterday for 2 weeks working at another branch of the company. I asked him to remove anything he doesn't wan't me to see from his bedroom as i am planning on giving it a spring clean, including cleaning the carpet, he really is a slob!!!!!

I have my usual list of Wednesday chores and some extras as i was out yesterday and not many chores were done.

Have a warm, safe and happy day,

Regards
    :j
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]camelot He's doing well, thanks :smiley: I'm trying to not keep on about him but I can't help it :D We nipped down the road to Pets At Home for a new collar, the other one wasn't stitched very well and unravelled itself. I must've looked daft, picking up collars and holding them six inches from my face while closely inspecting the needlework :D Scampi met a woman in there (we detoured around the aisles so he could see people but not get too close) and we were sort of cornered so I quickly blurted out 'rescue, nervous, only had him a few days' so she turned away, crouched down and turned back round to face him without looking into his eyes. He decided she was his new best friend and we couldn't get him away from her :D He was OK with everyone else after that, even the man with the lovely huge bear of a dog who walked in. I keep hearing/reading stories about people (with or without a dog) saying “oh he'll be fine with me/my dog” then unintentionally undoing days of training, maybe we've just been lucky but everyone we've come across so far has been great. Cats and pigeons are most inconsiderate though :rotfl:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Master tru's van was written off, they were quick to pick it up the other day but not so quick to send the cheque Roll_Eyes_Smiley_by_Mirz123_zpsfacaf1cf.gif He's going to nag them today. He's picking up his new van this morning so he's happy. We lent him the money and he's going to pay us back as soon as the insurance money lands in his bank account. He's gone a week with no transport, anyone would think the world had ended :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We realised yesterday that the car is overdue for the MOT by four days, rang our friend to book it in and he's squeezed us in today. He's going to try and get it done this morning but he's always so busy so no promises. Mr tru is miffed, he's supposed to be going to Bristol with miss tru for the afternoon. Not sure why he keeps moaning, I don't drive so it's his car, so all his own fault :D
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The onions have been planted. The tomatoes have shot up, I need to repot some of them. I'd like to get them into the greenhouse but it's so cold overnight at the moment so I'll keep them indoors for a while longer. The broad beans are ready to go out, they were really spindly but they're looking good now. Hopefully I'll have the afternoon to myself (please please please let our friend find the time for our car this morning!), I can't cope with another whole day of someone here, lol.

:beer:
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

I think we have had a frost, it smelt very cold when I got up. We are forecast a fine sunny day, no sign of it yet, very dull and grey. Hope it clears up, I have a laod of laundry to go out on the whirly. I ended up putting the towels through the dryer to finish them off at lunchtime, it started to rain and they were not quite dry.

OH has to walk to the hospital along the road to collect his insoles for his shoes, apart from that nothing is planned for the day.
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Lovely and sunny here this morning. Washing out, dishwasher on.:T Been up since 6, feeling really alive!:rotfl:
    Realised that I hadn't seen the cat all night. Went to open the curtains, and he rushed up to the door. Turns out, he'd gone out through his catflap, and the batteries had run out, he couldn't get back in!:rotfl: ( He has one of those that is connected to his chip, and only lets him in.) He was starving, and had to have two pouches of food! Poor thing, there was a frost last night too. He's now sulking on my bed!:rotfl:

Going out for lunch with my cousin in an hour. Looking forward to that.

Very proud of Imogen my DGD. She won Learner of the week for her handwriting at school, and last night won a dancing certificate. Sh'e five in two weeks, so that's pretty good.

Have a good day all.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure