SIM-only mobile phone provider?

Options
I would dearly love for our small business (4 phones in all, only 2 of them smartphones) to leave Vodafone - happy was the day when I finally managed to get my personal mobile unlocked and could move to GiffGaff!

Unfortunately, I don't know if any other providers will offer a better deal than Vodafone has been offering us and, so far as the boss is concerned, it's all about cost.

We currently pay (ex-VAT) £17.50 per month each for the 2 smartphones (unlimited minutes and texts, 1G internet) and £7.50 per month each for the calls-only phones (300 minutes, 300 texts, 250 MB).

One further complication is that the boss is doing quite a lot of travelling, so we'd need a network which was OK with the likes of Europe, South Africa and China.

If anyone can give any advice/recommendations, I would be very grateful!

Comments

• londonTiger
    londonTiger Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2015 at 6:07AM
    Options
    giffgaff is good for uk, and they give vat recipts and you can change your name to your business name and it would be a perfectly usable vat receipt.

they are an online only company so dont worry you wont get calls say can i speak to Mr London Tiger Ltd please. also theyre informal so dont even have a title [before the name] in the receipt
  • jjlothin
    jjlothin Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks londonTiger, but whilst I find GiffGaff great for my personal mobile, the business needs something with a more extensive international service.
  • londonTiger
    londonTiger Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Options
    yeah, cant comment on phone plans for international use. But for staff who are permanently in the UK giffgaff would be ideal. It's far cheaper than anything else available.
  • jjlothin
    jjlothin Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love giffgaff myself - it amazes me that they keep adding more minutes to my monthly quota whenever anyone calls me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure