Electoral Role - Register with parents address or my flat (will be moving soon)

Options
Hi guys - first of all, apologies if this post is in the wrong place, couldnt really fit it anywhere else.

OK, so I was at uni from 2009 to 2014 and I kept the address of my bank statements, credit cards etc as my parents i.e. what i felt was my true 'home' at the time and its also good for the credit rating. I graduated in May 2014 and am now faced with a dilemma.

I live away from home in the same flat I was at uni, but I will definitely be moving away to another flat within the next 3 months (moving city for work). I dont want to register with my current address because it will be out of date in 3 months. The address ive registered with banks will also need to tie in with the electoral role and having two addresses will go against me (dont want to change bank address, only to change it in a few months). I'm also aware that technically registering on the electoral role with my parents address is 'fraud' and am weary of doing this.

My question is, is there a way to get around the above favourably? I'm aware of the second home option but not sure I qualify for it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you wish to be registered at a second address you would contact the electoral registration officer at the second address an ask them if they think that your purpose is reasonable. You can just phone the office at your parents' place and see what they think of it.

You should also be aware that by deliberately misrepresenting your address some creditors may take the view that you are making fraudulent applications for credit, notably the deceptions about both address and time at address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure