IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Premier Park Ltd issued a PCN in Wareham

Options
2»

Comments

• soton_25
    soton_25 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very interested guys on how these ones go. My Premier Park is still in the waiting for POPLA code phase
  • DignifiedWheat
    Options
    soton_25 wrote: »
    Very interested guys on how these ones go. My Premier Park is still in the waiting for POPLA code phase

How long have you been waiting? I got my NTK within 14 days, then got my POPLA code in their rejection of my appeal letter, which itself came within 14 days of my appeal. Seems like they're not hanging about.
  • soton_25
    soton_25 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When is your POPLA hearing?

My NTK was served too late, so now they are trying to ask me to join easyGym I think to avoid the charge. At least that is kind of implied in their last letter. I haven't dignified it with a response, especially as I go on holiday for 2 weeks Monday.
  • DignifiedWheat
    Options
    soton_25 wrote: »
    When is your POPLA hearing?

I don't have a hearing date yet, I haven't even submitted my POPLA appeal yet. I think I have 28 days to submit the appeal from the date that my appeal to Premier Park was rejected, isn't that right?
  • DignifiedWheat
    Options
    Update for anyone interested ... I got my appeal in, and received a letter from POPLA saying the hearing was scheduled for 12th May. Also that I would receive copies of any evidence supplied by the parking company. The 12th May has now come and gone and I've not received anything else from anyone so far.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    email popla and ask if a decision has been reached or is imminent
  • Edna_Basher
    Edna_Basher Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd also highlight to POPLA that the Operator has sent you no evidence. There have been occasions where a parking company has submitted its evidence pack to POPLA but where the motorist's copy of this evidence went "missing".

You could send an e-mail to [EMAIL="appeals@popla.org.uk"]appeals@popla.org.uk[/EMAIL] along the lines of.......

"Dear POPLA Appeals Team

POPLA Verification Code 0123456789

With reference to the above-detailed POPLA appeal and in follow up to your notification that the Operator would send me its evidence prior to my POPLA hearing scheduled to take place on or soon after 12th May 2015, I write to advise you that I have received no communication from the Operator in this respect.

It is possible that the Operator may have already sent you its evidence and it may simply have been an oversight that it did not also provide me with this. If this is so, then I should be very grateful if you would send me a copy of the Operator’s submission as a matter of urgency.

Alternatively, if the Operator has not provided you with its evidence, please let me know by return. Although I would be very disappointed to learn that the Operator had failed to engage in the arbitration process, if this is indeed the case may I assume that my appeal to POPLA is upheld?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully”

If nothing else, this establishes a written record that you have not received any evidence from the Operator.

• DignifiedWheat
    Options
    Very helpful, many thanks. Have emailed them & will update the thread with any response.
  • DignifiedWheat
    Options
    Update - still no response from POPLA, and no answer to my email. Have sent a 1-liner today "I am disappointed not to have received your response to the below email of 23rd May 2015. Please advise."

Starting to think the entire outfit are a bunch of shysters.
  • DignifiedWheat
    Options
    I just received this reply from POPLA:

"Thank you for your e-mail below. The Operators evidence was received by POPLA by e-mail on 7 May 2015. If you did not receive this please contacted them to request a copy."

There's little point in my asking for their evidence if the appeal has already been held. So I have replied asking them whether or not the appeal has been heard yet (it should have been, as the date was supposed to be 12th May or soon after).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport