🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dungeons & Dragons Box Set

Options
My brother's birthday is coming up soon, and back when he was a kid he was a massive fan of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series, and admittedly so was I!

I've just found out that there's a DVD box set out, and so far have managed to find it at Play.com for £29.99 for the 4 disc set.

Is there anywhere cheaper on the net?

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• mrvolleyball
    Options
    Man that show was amazing. Loved it as a kid. Didn't even know you could get it on DVD. (Though did manage to download a couple of episodes from the internet ;) a while back - still as good now as it was then)

Keep me posted if you manage to find it any cheaper than play.com as I'd be interested in buying it aswell.
    Why do companies offer you "free gifts?"
    Since when has a gift NOT been free?
  • greatkingbowser
    Options
    Just noticed it doesn't come out as a box set until the 18th October. Each of the four seasons is available now individually though.

Hopefully other prices will show up when it's released.

Amazon are offering it at £29.99 also, so I guess you can combine that with greasypalm.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    cant tell you the cheapest place

but can anyone tell me if those kids ever made it home
    ??? it has bugged me for years, i can remember them getting home once and went back (were they stupid or what :-/) and also if they made it home, did they take that cute unicorn thing with them? how could you leave that behind
  • greatkingbowser
    Options
    That's one of the reasons why I want the box set!

I never saw the last episode, so I genuinely still don't know.

What made them go back in that episode btw? Was it Uni? Can't remember that either.

But I hated that blasted Unicorn, I had this episode taped where Venger blasts Uni and I kept freeze framing it's expression. It was classic!

Uni! Nooooooooooo!

Best. Cartoon. Ever.
  • mrvolleyball
    Options
    What made them go back in that episode btw? Was it Uni? Can't remember that either.

Don't know about the last episode, but in the one where they got home and then went back again it was because Venger followed them back to earth. So being the nice kids that they were, and not wanting to leave Venger on earth they had to lure him back, and so they missed their chance to return to (or at least stay on) earth.

Also thought Dungeon Master could have been a bit more helpful getting them back home.
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    The new owners of TSR are thinking of doing another show - though they have promised no unicorns!
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    though they have promised no unicorns!

NO UNICORN ??? I thought it was really cute
  • icklebig
    Options
    hi,
    I was browsing a few weeks ago looking for batfink info & ended up on a D&D site. Apparently they never made a final episode cos the show was pulled, but you can read the script here
    http://www.mindspring.com/~michaelreaves/D&Dpreface.html

this site has a link to the script & some cool pix as well
    http://80scartoons.co.uk

hope this is helpful ;D

xx
    *never pays full price for owt!* ;)
  • greatkingbowser
    Options
    Holy crap. There was no final episode?

That's crazy. >:(

I'll read the script once I'm one watching the box set, I mean my brother is done... ;)
  • mrvolleyball
    Options
    I'll read the script once I'm one watching the box set

Yeah I wouldn't want to spoil the ending.

Wonder if its the same as the ending to Quantum Leap
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business