Account Status Code question

Options
HI All

I'm hoping someone may help- I'm a little confused!

I had a DRO which completed in 2012, I had to chase Halifax as they were still showing as unsettled- which they updated.

However I checked my file today and the Halifax are still updating my account status code to 8- even though the account is marked settled at the top.

I looked up what account status code 8 is and it said 'account is in default, have not responded satisfactory to requests to bring it up to date' which I don't think is right as the account is closed.

Is this something I should be chasing to get corrected? does it effect my chances of getting other current accounts etc? (not that I'm planning to but thinking ahead!)

Thanks in advance for any advice. :0)

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    It's just the way Experian show accounts like that. It's 'normal'.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • PaulW922
    PaulW922 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As your DRO is now complete and you have no further liability on that debt, Halifax should have update the default to 'satisfied or settled'. However as Fermi says, it will remain at status 8 - don't worry about any regular updating - it doesn't make any difference. The default will go six years after the actual date you were notified of it - that date should show on your file.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Some stop, some dont. Dont think it matters either way as the default is a default until it goes and lenders would see it as the same.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • butterbear
    Options
    OK Thanks all :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts