Erudio - Child Tax / Child Credit

Options
I have student loans dating back to 1993 and I have deferred every year. SLC were aware of all my income, child tax , child benefit etc but did not take this into consideration when I applied for deferment, Erudio have. I took my complaint to the FO and I have received notification today that Erudio has operated within the T&Cs and have done nothing wrong. I argued child tax and benefit is means tested and therefore an entitlement for my children and not my income but to no avail by the looks of it. Erudio do not have my debit details. I've read if I don't pay they can demand full payment. The FO also confirmed that Erudio informed them they are not currently forwarding details to Credit Reference Agencies...I wonder if that's a porky! I'm looking for advice on what to do next, pay, don't pay in the hope they'll give up (wishful thinking!). Please help! I have until the 20th to appeal the FO's decision.

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    SLC may have let you get away with it but the loan regulations say that only disability related benefits are excluded for income. Just my opinion but this is a bit of a pointless fight./
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP you didn't need to post the thread twice, it would have been moved if need be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure