We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Ford Focus 07 - EGR Valve
Good Day All
I've been told that a fault code coming up on my Focus is because of my EGR valve. I've been told to replace it its going to be circa 250 quid. I don't have 250 quid at the moment. I've also been told that I might be able to clean the old one with a bit of effort and I'm just wondering how much effort that is and if a relative armature (IE me) could do it?
Anyone done this before? Anyone know how much effort it would be and if it would make a difference?
Paul
I've been told that a fault code coming up on my Focus is because of my EGR valve. I've been told to replace it its going to be circa 250 quid. I don't have 250 quid at the moment. I've also been told that I might be able to clean the old one with a bit of effort and I'm just wondering how much effort that is and if a relative armature (IE me) could do it?
Anyone done this before? Anyone know how much effort it would be and if it would make a difference?
Paul
0
Comments
-
Lots of tutorials on YouTube . Using a spray bought from a motor factors. Looks relatively simplejust because you are paranoid doesnt mean to say they are not out to get you0
-
How much effort, A bowl with some degreaser and some small brushes maybe a couple of cheap toothbrushes or similar.
Removing it is a different matter. But if you have a socket and spanner set then it should be easy enough.Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...0 -
Cleaning the valve probably isn't too hard. You would need someone to reset the fault code afterwards though.
Getting the EGR valve out to clean isn't an easy job. I had an EGR issue last year with my Focus. I didn't fancy taking the time and effort needed to get at the valve myself so I paid to have it sorted. Have a look in a Haynes manual. It tells you how to get at the EGR valve.0 -
Hmm, looks like it might be a bit fidly to do myself, does the 200 quid mark sound reasonable to replace?0
-
Supply parts and labour to fit? Depends on the engine.
On my car its right at the front. Easily removed in 5 minutes from opening the bonnet with a 8 /10mm socket and an 8/10mm spanner and one flat blade screwdriver..Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards