Lowell - Default

Options
Hi guys,

For once I actually have something good to say about Lowell Financial. I wrote to their CEO (via email) about a fortnight ago explaining that I had a default from O2 that was paid in full that was preventing me from obtaining a mortgage.

I was emailed back a number of days later by a lady called Annie who told me she was looking into my account.

This morning I received an email from Annie stating the facts surrounding the default and that it was warranted though as a gesture of good will they would remove the default from my credit file.

I'm not sure if it's good luck or my situation and the fact that i paid in full pretty soon after the default date, Date of default Jan 2013 - Paid in full Jan 2014)

Hopefully this gives some hope to others that are in a similar situation. They CAN be removed. PM me if anyone would like my email template and the contact details

:beer:

Comments

• matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good result.

I wrote to Halifax asking them to consider changing an arrangement to pay to a default so it drops off my file sooner. They treated it as a complaint, discovered that they had no record I was ever in an arrangement to pay and removed all adverse info + sent me a cheque. This was despite the fact that I accepted being in an arrangement in my letter.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Debt2Null
    Debt2Null Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    matttye wrote: »
    Good result.

I wrote to Halifax asking them to consider changing an arrangement to pay to a default so it drops off my file sooner. They treated it as a complaint, discovered that they had no record I was ever in an arrangement to pay and removed all adverse info + sent me a cheque. This was despite the fact that I accepted being in an arrangement in my letter.

Hi, so any chance one could now change a default to an arrangement to pay?
  • Worried_Girl
    Options
    Sent you a pm
  • lornz23
    lornz23 Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Appologies for asking a silly question but what is an arrangement to pay? Pay the bank to remove the defult even if the account is setteled?
    I am DEBT - FREE!?!?
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lornz23 wrote: »
    Appologies for asking a silly question but what is an arrangement to pay? Pay the bank to remove the defult even if the account is setteled?

No it's a formal arrangement to repay a debt and it falls short of a default.

It's where you can't afford to pay back the contractual amount, but the lender agrees to let you pay a reduced amount to clear the debt. It falls short of a default because the account stays open with an arrangement to pay, whereas it is closed with a default.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • kirstybum
    kirstybum Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Any chance you can post here the details of the CEO please
    Number 054 - 'Save 12k in 2017' thread - £10,000 target :)£2100/£10,000 :D
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    http://www.lowellgroup.co.uk/index.php/lowell-groups-2014-financial-results-announcement/
    Lowell Group’s CEO, J***** C******, and CFO, C**** S******, plan to hold an audio conference presentation on the company’s performance at 11.00hrs GMT on Tuesday 27 January 2015.
    email addresses are in format [noparse]firstname.lastname@lowellgroup.co.uk[/noparse]
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • boucho11
    boucho11 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've replied to all who PM'd me. Hope you guys have some luck with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure