Have I got this right?

[FONT=&quot]Does this sound right?

I have an MBNA card with no fee on money transfers.
The credit limit is £2200

I want to transfer money into my current account from this CC.
Then I want to do a balance transfer from a no fee 0% card ( I haven't got this card yet).

1 - Do I do the money transfer and then immediately do the balance transfer (online)? Is this a quick process like faster payments or does it take days to complete?

2 - Can I move all the £2200 in one go?

3 - Can I do this process more than once? I am hoping to get a higher credit limit on the BT card than £2200

Is there anything I have missed?

Thank in advance[/FONT]

Replies

• forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    32K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If your limit is £2200 then no I do not think you will be able to transfer all of it.
    They need to leave a safety margin for any charges that may crop up.

Will the deal allow transfer into a current account? No fee? are you sure there is no transfer or handling fee?

No fee 0% card from where with no transfer fee?. If your limit with the MBNA is £2200 then the next card maybe less than that.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Sky_Sky_ Forumite
    589 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If it's the new MBNA card then it looks like a good deal. The T&C do say no transfer fees, including cash transfers.

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to transfer the whole amount at once, it's usually possible to do large credit card balance transfers in a single transaction. Best to call and ask them if you're unsure.
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • mozzy10mozzy10 Forumite
    138 Posts
    Will the deal allow transfer into a current account? No fee? are you sure there is no transfer or handling fee?

Deffo no fee that's why I applied for it.

Could have sworn there was a reply from Yorkshireboy on here...??
    Sky_ wrote: »
    I can't see why you wouldn't be able to transfer the whole amount at once, it's usually possible to do large credit card balance transfers in a single transaction. Best to call and ask them if you're unsure.

I am going to move the BT onto the MBNA card and put the MBNA card into a positive balance - then money transfer it to my current account. There appear to be no fees or restrictions on doing this in the T&Cs.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals