We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car finance and changing manufacturer
stephenjames_2
Posts: 6 Forumite
in Motoring
Hi everyone
I have been buying cars from BMW , with their select finance, pcp, with a payment at the end. They usually call me with a offer before my agreement ends and I have had good deals so have renewed my car.
If I decided I didn't want another BMW how much hassle is it to buy from another manufacturer? Does anyone know if the new manufacturer can clear my BMW finance, or do I have to return the car to BMW and hope they accept it back before the agreement is ended?
Reason being BMW have offered me to renew my 1 series, because a facelift model is out soon, but they want full book price on a standard unregistered car, that is in their showroom, that they need to shift.
Hope someone has had some experience in changing manufacturer and can give some advice.
Many thanks
Steve
I have been buying cars from BMW , with their select finance, pcp, with a payment at the end. They usually call me with a offer before my agreement ends and I have had good deals so have renewed my car.
If I decided I didn't want another BMW how much hassle is it to buy from another manufacturer? Does anyone know if the new manufacturer can clear my BMW finance, or do I have to return the car to BMW and hope they accept it back before the agreement is ended?
Reason being BMW have offered me to renew my 1 series, because a facelift model is out soon, but they want full book price on a standard unregistered car, that is in their showroom, that they need to shift.
Hope someone has had some experience in changing manufacturer and can give some advice.
Many thanks
Steve
0
Comments
-
If you don't want another BMW then you've two choices. Hand the car back and walk away or see what another manufacturer's dealership will offer.0
-
Ok thanks, I was just wondering whether other dealers sort it all out or I have to.
Thanks for your reply
Steve0 -
No, other dealers will quite happily sort out your finance as long as there's enough equity in the car to cover it.0
-
Oh ok , nice one, thanks for the info0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards