PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wilkos also do soft grip pegs, I'v been using them for the past 2 years.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the peg info. I also always used L*k*l*nd pegs but left them behind when I moved. No shop on the Island and I can't really wait for a delivery so importuned some poor beggar to get me some from the SM today. Now fully equipped with pegs once more but will be buying softgrips if i am still here next year.

There are 9 people in the garden having a BBQ - The first of the summer. I was prevailed upon to make a vat of coleslaw and am now waiting for a summons to eat.

I wish this weather would go,on and on. We took 4 children down to the beach this afternoon with buckets spades and fishing nets and they were so happy puttering about in the rock pools. All childhood should be like this in an ideal world.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Hope your keeping well, the Canadian fires look so bad, I have been watching when I can, my Dad is Canadian, and spent some years near Edmonton - your heart goes out to those involved xx

MONNA - I,ve also had log in problems, and had to sign in again a number of times, luckily to the old format - hope you've got it sorted properly now :)

Mr Grumpy has been suffering with manflu all week and spent 48 hours solid in bed, was on his feet and at work by Tuesday, but sounded awful, and has slept a lot - hoping I don't get it as back to work myself Monday.

It's been a lovely week weather wise and like MONNA, have beached it a couple of times amongst the normal chores, so nice to feel,the sun on your face.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Pollyanna, thank you so much. I'm really glad my Am@zon reviews have helped you, I always do my best to be absolutely honest. There are a few sellers who no longer offer me free stuff as a result, but there are plenty who do.
    I do enjoy writing them. A lot easier than my previous writing hobby, which was slogans for consumer competitions.
    More rewarding too, as the writing comes after the item.
    Dr C's FB post this morning was of his large settee jammed in a doorway, not sure how that has resolved! :D
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, am home safe but exhausted so am playing catch up somewhat. May take a few days for my brain to rejoin my body, already dozed off this afternoon.

It was lovely to see you Floss and Nursemaggie, and of course I loved the marks afternoon tea. Thanks too Floss for the counseling in the queue, it proved even more useful as the time went on with my mum. Nursemaggie I'll post that tree later this week, so it should be there for Christmas :p

Love to all, just off to reheat a casserole my friend dropped off for our tea xx
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May 2016 at 9:57AM
    Options
    Good to know that you got home safely Softstuff, and that our lovely Floss is as helpful and caring in RL as she is on here :A

It's when we have weather like this that I wish we lived on the coast - but when it's stormy I'm extremely glad we don't! But I have happy memories of exploring rock pools at Wembury, near Plymouth, with my dear Dad when I was little :)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :embarasse:embarasse aaw, thanks ladies!

Good to read you're home safe Softstuff, have you thawed out yet?! :rotfl:
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see you again Softstuff. Sounds silly but I have missed you on here.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 May 2016 at 4:51PM
    Options
    Afternoon all, we've had such a smashing weekend, Zebra was an absolute delight on Friday, good as gold and so much fun, we went to the park and played in the kiddies play area which had a massive sand pit, heaven for a 2 year old and a plastic car, had lunch there and Zebra having been offered a cheese sandwich spotted croissants and demolished a whole one and a glass of milk, we left them at 4 ish when mum came home and drove to DD1. Out for a nice supper and on Saturday DD needed to buy a new dress, she's to Buckingham Palace next weekend for a D of E award garden party and the dry cleaners managed to shrink her cocktail dress by over 1", found something beautiful to replace it so she's happy. Rugby on Saturday afternoon, really lovely atmosphere in the ground and if the game didn't result in a home win we all enjoyed it anyway. Home for a snack then DD and I were off to the summer concert in the Cathedral, beautiful music, beautiful choir and the Post Horn Gallop played on the organ with 2 trumpeters was so much fun we were all in fits, I swear that organ was giggling!!! Home again now and had ploughmans lunch and a cuppa in the garden in this beautiful sunshine, washing in the machine and cricket on the telly, what else could anyone possibly need?

Washing is dried, sorted and put away amazing, such a good day for laundry!!!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Hehe Lyn, not such a good day for drying whites with 2 excitable 'it's summer!!' kiddies building dens out of the buddleia twig cuttings (I saved them for lying over my bare soil to stay off cats doing their business)

Your weekend sounds just the ticket Lyn. :D

So pleased to read you are home safely softstuff.

Welcome back mucculloch. :)

I've had a strange week. It started with a trip in an ambulance rigged to a heart monitor. I had difficulty breathing and blood test suggested positive marker for a blood clot on my lung. A anticoagulant in my tummy later I was asked to go home and go back for a VQ scan the day after. I was really quite scared. After breathing in radioactive material and having a 15 minute scan I was then injected with a different radioactive material and scanned for a further 15 minutes and found I did not have a blood clot in my lung. Cue tests to see why an otherwise fit and healthy me had a worryingly high resting heart rate and poor liver function.... asthma. My poor insides are poorly with what we think I have had for sometime as nearly a week on I understand that my 'normal' is not at all normal in terms of breathing. So I am joyous I have asthma because I don't have a blood clot in my lung and also there is a chance that my panic attacks and anxiety could have been asthma attacks (so I might not be as nervy as I thought and that is super news if proves to be true) and my awful digestion could very well be linked to the asthma too. I await a GP follow up appointment to get my asthma controlled but for now the steriods and the reliever are giving my a lease of life I never knew possible. :D

The working week ended by me being accepted to be part of a new team of volunteers working in a new hospice charity shop that is opening. I'll be working 2 days a week while the girls are at school, term time only. It took a lot to take the step to go for it but now I have I'm so excited to be part of something again.

Life? Up and down, up and down but something that when our minds are strong enough to allow us, we can see through the carp and truly appreciate the good things.

Thank you NHS. It's very broken and from what I have seen the staff are broken too. It's hardly efficient but eventually I am getting where I need to be and without the NHS goodness knows what condition I would be sat in now...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure