PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

food pro recommendations

Options
Can anyone recommend and really good family sized food processor, there seem to be lots out there. Used to have Braun Multipractic but they no longer make that so looking for one that is just as good, 3l or 4l. Thanks x

Comments

• Anne_Marie_2
    Anne_Marie_2 Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can recommend Kenwood.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a Kenwood food mixer with a blender and was wondering about a food processor as I would like to experiment with more recipes

Is there one thats not too big that I could buy as once bought and in place I would have a job moving it anywhere else as my right arm doesn't work very well and I can only use my left arm to lift things so what ever I buy it has to be either small, or easily portable, or both if possible :):):)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Magimix. Small foot print and as strong as an ox. Tackles anything Mine sits out and is used daily. I've the 4200 and it has three bowls, two blades, two discs, dough hook and whipping arm. All attachments come in a handy holder

My kenwood sits in a cupboard and is never used
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have got a magimix I am very happy with. It is sturdy, easy to clean, and takes up little space. It is too heavy to carry around though and needs to be on the worktop permanently.
    You can usually get almost new ones very cheaply on Ebay. :)
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2015 at 11:26PM
    Options
    Just bumping this ... which models/make of Kenwood and Magimix do you all have. Looking for one on eBay second hand and don't know which to choose from
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just bumping this ... which models/make of Kenwood and Magimix do you all have. Looking for one on eBay second hand and don't know which to choose from

Mine is the Magimix 5100 and its so ancient (19 yrs ish?) that I can only find one picture of it.
    It is used at least four times a week and I wouldnt be without it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magimix-Cuisine-Systeme-5100-/201308410054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edeea90c6
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine is the Magimix 5100 and its so ancient (19 yrs ish?) that I can only find one picture of it.
    It is used at least four times a week and I wouldnt be without it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magimix-Cuisine-Systeme-5100-/201308410054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edeea90c6

Cheers for the reply.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,666 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mine is a Magimix 2000 which I have had for nearly 30 years. It is heavy but you wouldn't want it jumping around with those whirling blades. There is a small amount of plastic fatigue on the handle of the 'bowl' but other than that it is still going strong.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 March 2015 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Magimix 5200 xl here - has a wide 'feed' which is great for colslaw etc as can feed halved onions and quaters of white cabbage in.

I also use it alot of times a week.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Mols
    Mols Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    We also have a Magimix - the 5200 xl. It is used almost every day and the bowls, disks and blades all go in the dishwasher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure